Driver window not sealing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Doesn't hurt window alignment if the door gaps aren't perfect, as long as the door stays that way. Just would hate to adjust the window only to have the door adjustment tweak at the hinge again. Getting door to fender to window to top adjustments perfect can be a real beech. Hope you have a good head of hair....for pulling out of frustration!
I did it twice i think ill wait awhile before doing a third time. Everthing on the car lines up and open and closes perfect. T-tops fit and look leveled. Its wierd that if frame bent you think you would see it. Its like the weatherstrip went higher. But i measued my passenger side and junk yard cars and it measures the same opening but top of door to weatherstrip is higher.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i wonder if its got the wrong t top seal. do they look the same and look mounted the same on both sides? is the window hitting on the windshield mounted seal?

Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
i wonder if its got the wrong t top seal. do they look the same and look mounted the same on both sides? is the window hitting on the windshield mounted seal?
The windshield mount seal has a littler gap then the t-top seal. The top of the vertical seal on the back of the window has mybe about the same gap as t-top.

I Silicone both t-top weatherstrip mounts. The two seal that are like double sided tape went bad and leaked. The weather strip looks different like left or right on the ends. I even switched passenger and driver t-top seals and still same gap.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

dang is the roof crooked, mine goes up a little to far but that easy fix. on my hard top i have 14 and 3/4 in from the edge of the lower window seal to where the window hits the upper seal, door open at the hump towards the front i have a little over 14 3/4in and all the way to the rear of the window i have 14 1/16. is your window going all the way up to the front guide on the door?

Old 08-02-2013, 06:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

dang is the roof crooked, mine goes up a little to far but that easy fix. on my hard top i have 14 and 3/4 in from the edge of the lower window seal to where the window hits the upper seal, door open at the hump towards the front i have a little over 14 3/4in and all the way to the rear of the window i have 14 1/16. is your window going all the way up to the front guide on the door?
Yeah it goes up there.

As far as my eyes can tell I don't see a crooked roof. T-tops look fine and latch good no leaks up there.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:46 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok so if the window is going up all the way on the front guide then the front is pretty much all the way up. can you adjust the back any more up?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Overdrive Member
Thumbs down

Damn careless sloppy shops -- had the same thing happen with BOTH my Camaros. One fixed it, the other paid a damage claim. You have to babysit and watch everything shops do -- they never treat your car as if it was their own.

Originally Posted by Sophm
The fender I might have not got lined up from doing the hinges cause 2 bolts in the bottom of fender some shop jack it up on both passenger and driver side smashing the bolt heads up so i had to bend the metal back to get bolts out.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so if the window is going up all the way on the front guide then the front is pretty much all the way up. can you adjust the back any more up?
I get the front to work that going past the factory marks tho. For the 5 inches in front of the t-top to the back im hitting the max point that there's no more adjustments.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Damn careless sloppy shops -- had the same thing happen with BOTH my Camaros. One fixed it, the other paid a damage claim. You have to babysit and watch everything shops do -- they never treat your car as if it was their own.
Yeah they are careless I seen so many in the junk yard that has it smashed, its like they dont check where the jack is. Then they mess something up under there and dont tell you about it or tell you they found a problem and have you pay for what they did. Then hope bending it back right dont brake metal or fiber glass.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:46 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

check the rollers and runners to make sure they are all in place and the arms are not bent or damaged.

Quick Reply: Driver window not sealing