Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:01 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

bill again man, old thread lol, this ones almost 7 months old

Old 03-20-2011, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
bill again man, old thread lol, this ones almost 7 months old
LOL. im just trying to get my post up

Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Lol, yesterday an Interceptor Grand Marguis is on my *** while Im holding exactly 75 the speed limit so I scoot over and it pulls up side by side edging to race. I hate it when punk kids by old cruisers playing highway patrol.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I haven't been profiled. My car is stock, although some may think I have an aftermarket exhaust due to the fact that the SS came with a loud exhaust. I'm 23.... collage kid in a "hot rod". Never had a police car follow me or give me the what for. I did get pulled over once. The speed limit was 55 and I hit a down hill without taking my foot of the gas, cop was at the end of the hill and I was going at a nice 66 MPH when he got me. It was late night but he had some trouble turning around on me since there was some cars behind me at that time and he had an SUV in a country road trying to make a U-turn. I saw him trying to turn around on me and I just pulled over and stopped. Long story short, he knew and admitted that I could have dropped the hammer and been a pretty dot a few miles down the road from him and thanked me for just pulling over and just told me to slow it down and got me on my way without a ticket.

Just remember, we drive a quick car (or a quick looking car) even if we get stopped for doing 5 over, a cop may already be in the frame of mind that the driver speed all the time.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

Wow some of you have bad luck. The only time I've been followed was when a cop was trying to give me a stunting ticket because the rear end of my car slide out on a left hand turn when it was raining hard. He followed me until i was a few blocks from home then pulled me over. Had a slight call talk over what happened then he went sat in his car for 15 min talking to his partner then came back and let me go with a warning. But for some reason I manage to get out of almost anything with the cops. I also have all my info ready before they get to my car and try to act innocent. Lol.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by bill2129
LOL. im just trying to get my post up
theres better ways to do it noob then ressurecting threads. get active in active threads. if you have info, post it. if you don't inquire about it. welcome BTW

Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

post count is only for tech sections not ot anyways

Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM

haha oh yeah i do, especially since I'm a young lad as well! day after I bought the car got stoped at a "close to the border" checkpoint in CA near Mexico, for no reason, they brought out a dog lol, and after my move to northern CA the onslaught of unnecessary pull overs and fix-it tickets really began, and my car is still white!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

can't tell you how many times i've been profiled here in FL in various cars.

The worst was when I was working for JL Audio...I was driving the "flex-pedition" from the factory across alligator alley to a show. Granted this is a custom painted, fully decked out expedition. I thought I was going about 70, but apparently the speedo was wrong (according to them) and I was speeding. I got pulled over, thrown out the truck and onto the hood of police car. They really flipped out when the car wasn't registered to me and brought in like 5 more cars. They searched my bags and grilled me about drugs and guns. I told them I'm a representative of the company and its a show truck.

Guess they thought I was running drugs or guns across the alley.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I dont really get followed by the police where i live, but every time you drive by a cop, you can see their head follow your car... or maybe im just paranoid... who knows... =)