Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   Cruise Control Module (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/cruise-control-module-73709/)

jlbonnie2000 03-21-2013 02:20 PM

Cruise Control Module

I have a 2002 Camaro V-6. I have looked all over my Camaro and I simply cannot find the cruise control moduel. The manual says under the frame on the driver's side. Nothing is there. Yes, I do have factory cruise because it USED to work.

Does anyone know where this module may be hidden?? Also, where is the "drive-by-wire" thing the throttle cable hooks to??

Again, 2002 Camaro V-6

MKCoconuts 03-21-2013 04:32 PM

Cruise control is under the frame on drivers side just as the manual says...but it is tucked up behind plastic. See number 75 on clickable link below.

4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech-Component Location Views

For the "drive by wire", there is no cable. There should be a sensor on your gas pedal that has wires leading up to the throttle body where another sensor sits.

jlbonnie2000 03-23-2013 07:37 AM

There is NOTHING mounted in the frame area as shown on the above photo. The 2002 Camaro must have a different location for the cruise module. Has anyone actually located the cruise control module on a 2002 Camaro v-6??????

craby 03-23-2013 07:48 AM

no picture??? do you have traction control? i believe it goes through it if you have it. is your center brake light working?

MKCoconuts 03-23-2013 11:29 AM

The cruise control module location is the same for all years, with or without TC, from 93-02. Never moved. My guess, is either someone removed yours at some point or the car wasn't optioned for it. If you have the multi-function switch with the cruise control buttons in it, then I'd bet someone removed it at some point in time.

craby 03-23-2013 02:39 PM

he says it has cruise control because it used to work.

craby 03-23-2013 04:42 PM

is there a cable going to the trottle body? the 02 3.8 is electronic drive by wire and it goes through the pcm. and if it has tc im not sure it has a module. im still looking for info and its hard to come by.

jlbonnie2000 03-23-2013 06:53 PM

I know some answer as not serious ones. I ignore those. This has been frustrating not to find the cruise module. Since I purchsed the car new, no one has moved it. However, I do know it is NOT where the manual says it should be.

There is no throttle cable to the throttle body.

I am interested in someone's answer who has a 2002 v6 and has run into this cruise replacement issue.

Yes, my cruise worked for 180,000 miles. Now, it does not. If I could find it, I could troubleshoot it. I have the factory switch stuff on the left side switch off the steering column like many GM cars have had for years.......

MKCoconuts 03-23-2013 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the diagram I had emailed to me from the Chevy dealership that's next to were I work. Michelle (the parts rep that emailed me it) said it applies to 93-02 F-bodies, V6/V8. She said some wiring is different between cars with traction control, automatic and manual trans, and cable/drive by wire, but the cruise control module is the same spot all years, all engines. I honestly don't know what to tell you...

Attachment 15767

craby 03-23-2013 11:32 PM

i have read that the 02 v6 is the only 4th gen to have an electronic control. have not been able to confirm. again is the center brake light working. if its out cc will not work.