Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   93-02 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/)
-   -   changing fuel injectors (https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-general-41/changing-fuel-injectors-77773/)

rs657f 10-21-2014 11:37 AM

changing fuel injectors

I am having some fuel pressure issues as well as some other mess. I am looking to change out my fuel injectors. I have a 95 stock z28. I am looking at changing the current injectors to Denso. The are 24lb injectors which im sure is the same amount of # the stock injectors are. Would i require a tune for this or would it be a plug and play type deal? Thanks

craby 10-21-2014 12:37 PM

yep they will work. you may be able to pick some rebuilt injectors that are flow matched for less. you can get new injectors that aren't necessarily matched

Everett#2390 10-23-2014 11:29 AM

Just make sure the coil resistance is the same as the OE injector.
If a low resistance injector is put in place of a higher resistance injector, the ECM driver will burn out/break due to the extra current demanded.

No re-program is needed, ECU will learn on its own.

rs657f 10-24-2014 08:35 AM

I Am unsure how to determine that. I found some denso 24# on eBay. Kind of nervous about them but my car is running Terribly and that's the only thing I could think is causing the issue

craby 10-24-2014 11:11 PM

if you want to know if there are issues with the injectors you have in the car you can take or send them to a injector shop and have them cleaned and flow tested. a while back i did and found a couple where not flowing correctly.

rs657f 10-25-2014 06:18 AM

Lol I am actually at a car shop now getting the stock fuel injectors cleaned. I was supposed to be getting the refurbished ones today but the guy didn't ship them on time and I don't have patience at the moment. Wish me luck

rs657f 10-27-2014 06:28 PM

Update; alright let me know if this was a dumb move. I replaced my fuel injectors on my 95 z28 with some ford denso 24#. I am know getting a high rpm idle around 1200? It doesn't drop down and I have a check engine light. It's running hard but doesn't smell rich. Kind of nervous to drive it to oreilly for a diagnostic since they're the only ones who have the obd1 setup. Any ideas?

z28pete 10-28-2014 12:57 AM

Check the O rings on the injectors & make sure there is no air leaking past, as the extra air may result in a high idle. Hopefully you did not mess with the IAC valve or the throttle body.

rs657f 10-28-2014 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by z28pete (Post 696061)
Check the O rings on the injectors & make sure there is no air leaking past, as the extra air may result in a high idle. Hopefully you did not mess with the IAC valve or the throttle body.

<br />
Uh oh I actually did clean the iac it was full of dirt and the throttle body was full of crap and needed a new gasket. I have removed the tb a couple of times without issue before. I also am missing the tb plate gasket that's coming in this week and will be replacing iac as well. Ill check the injectors again im hoping that gasket missing on the plate may be causing this. Thanks for responding