Car getting painted Satin Black...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Default Car getting painted Satin Black...

Well this has been a great winter where I could of been driving my car but I it is in the body shop getting a custom satin black paint job. Right now it is in the finishing stages and should be done in 2 weeks. Here are the pics of it taken apart, I am going in to approve the chip this week for the paint then it is getting painted.
Name:  CamaroPaint1.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  84.6 KB

I am going for the eggshell or satin black just like the stealth fighter (military), the guy painting the car is a very good friend of mine for about 30 years and is one of the best that I know. Normally this would cost about 4K for all the work he is doing but is only going to cost me $2K. Here are more pics and I will post the completed job in a couple of weeks:

Name:  CamaroPaint3.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  CamaroPaint4.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  CamaroPaint2.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  106.3 KB

Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 AM

Does anyone know of a satin black w/ red or just satin black rims? I want to keep them the stock size but want something very custom looking. I thought about just getting the factory rims blasted and then powder coated satin black but I thought I would ask for your opinions as so many of you have awesome cars and great ideas!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

i feel your pain... my car is in the shop too. I wont post my pictures cause i dont want to hijack your thread... I think that the rims you've got black may be cool. I've never seen those rims painted so i dont know. I like the look of corvette rims on our cars, older (C5) rims are not that expensive and if you black them out they look sweet.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Schramm
Does anyone know of a satin black w/ red or just satin black rims? I want to keep them the stock size but want something very custom looking. I thought about just getting the factory rims blasted and then powder coated satin black but I thought I would ask for your opinions as so many of you have awesome cars and great ideas!
IMO just search for some Z06, C5 5 spoke, or SS rims and do what you will with them

I don't recommend red rims...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

this should look sick

Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Id get some Z06 rims instead of stock

Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by BudBrown
i feel your pain... my car is in the shop too. I wont post my pictures cause i dont want to hijack your thread... I think that the rims you've got black may be cool. I've never seen those rims painted so i dont know. I like the look of corvette rims on our cars, older (C5) rims are not that expensive and if you black them out they look sweet.
Bud that is the cool thing about forums, I dont think that you would be hijacking my thread it is always interesting to me to see what others are doing! Bring those pictures on.

Finally tomorrow I get to look at the paint chip. I bought this car in June of last year and so far I think that I have got to enjoy it for about 2 months. I bought it with 179K miles on the car for $750 but the interior was MINT and the exterior was in extremely great shape. So far I have put a brand new motor and tranny, u joints, ball joints, new posi rear end, radiator, water pump, all steering components, completely new brake system including brake lines, shocks, struts, flow master cat back and tires. I spent damn near 11K getting to the point of paint. Between the 2K for the paint job and the rims, custom seat covers, the headers and a few other things that I want to do I think I will have pretty close to a new car for about $16K. Granted I know the car is not worth anything near this much money however I love this body style and once I got started I just kept pumping cash into it to make it just like I wanted it.

This was the car the day I brought it home:

Name:  IMG_6741.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6742.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  147.4 KB

THIS IS THE PAINT JOB IT IS GETTING:

Rob

Last edited by Schramm; 02-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Bud that is the cool thing about forums, I dont think that you would be hijacking my thread it is always interesting to me to see what others are doing! Bring those pictures on.
well if that's how you feel

I cant see what order they are in cause im at work, but this was at the shop last week. Supposedly i get to pick it up today. (HOPE) but i still have some work to do. they had to replace a lot, and I have to replace the exhaust manifolds (no way im going stock) so im searching for headers. I need to get it tuned (waiting on the cable so i can) and im looking for rims the same as you. I like most C6 wheels, but i have had my heart set on a set of 2002 35th anniversary camaro ss rims like these:

Thats chaging slowly though, i think i like the c6 rims better.

now which ones:

Old 02-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Every time that I find a set of rims that I like they are not for my car. I found a nice matte black with red outlines but they were only for 2010. They seem to gear everything toward newer cars and seem to forget about the 1998. I wanted to buy a K&N system for the car but they dont make it for the '98 v6 and when I called them they said that if it doesnt make more HP that they do not produce it.

Rob

Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Every time that I find a set of rims that I like they are not for my car. I found a nice matte black with red outlines but they were only for 2010. They seem to gear everything toward newer cars and seem to forget about the 1998. I wanted to buy a K&N system for the car but they dont make it for the '98 v6 and when I called them they said that if it doesnt make more HP that they do not produce it.

Rob
What kind of K&N system? If you're referring to the CAI, then yea they do...