Car bra opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I Like to Party
Default Car bra opinion

The front end of my 95 needs some TLC[ p.o couldnt take care of it for shiz] mainly scratches and webs. Since im currently getting my hood repainted I wont have enough $ for a repainted front end. I ordered a cover king car bra(yes I know they are seemingly unnatractive at some point but it's better then having a $hi77y looking front end). What is your opinion of car bras? Do they fit camaros well? I dont want anything to flap while im driving, that would just look horrible. <--Like that guy.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear member

Seemingly the whole point of a front cover is meant to protect the front end. Original idea was for sporty vehicles, or faster vehicles to help protect from debris and things at higher speeds or vulnerable front ends. At least that's what I've been told the original purpose was. Nowadays you even see vw beetles with front end bras/covers on. I'm going to get one for mine soon for the same reason, spider cracks on the front end and it needs repainted.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member

the right on looks ok i had one on my 92 rs but after some time it did mess the paint on up on the hood from dirt getting under it left scuffs on the paint it might be worth it just to save a few extra pennys to get the whole nose painted also you will pay more to paint each at diff time shouldnt be that much extra to paint the bumber with the hood

Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM

I am looking at one for my 1995 Z28 Convertible. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Don

Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by z28pete
When I was living in Long Island I always used a bra on my cars, just to keep the hood from being sand blasted. LI is a source of sand & gravel for NYC construction projects and the huge 26 wheel sand haulers would leave a dusting of sand on the highway; it would get thrown around and sandblast windshields and paint. Truth be said, I really don't like bras but sometime they are necessary. The best fitting ones I found were the ones made by LeBra. Before you put one on, make sure the nose of the car is heavily waxed, and take the bra off weekly to wash underneath it.
this is the most important part of using a bra within a few short days dirt and debris will get under it and start scratching the paint

Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Droid

When I was living in Long Island I always used a bra on my cars, just to keep the hood from being sand blasted. LI is a source of sand & gravel for NYC construction projects and the huge 26 wheel sand haulers would leave a dusting of sand on the highway; it would get thrown around and sandblast windshields and paint. Truth be said, I really don't like bras but sometime they are necessary. The best fitting ones I found were the ones made by LeBra. Before you put one on, make sure the nose of the car is heavily waxed, and take the bra off weekly to wash underneath it.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

An ugly front end bra is for protecting the paint from stone chips and bruises, or in your case, covering up said damage. I compare it to when my grandparents would protect their nice sofa with a thick, uncomfortable, crunchy, clear plastic cover. Put up with the bad to preserve the good for the next owner. I guess a bra beats the alternative, looking at a crummy paint job.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:53 PM
I Like to Party

Yeah I'd prefer her with out a bra(hehe) but until spring break unfortunately cant afford to get the front end painted

Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I go to car auctions a lot and I just assume any car with a bra on it has front end damage. I had a bra on my 94 olds for about 4 years (due to light damage). I removed it once a month to wash the car. It still damaged the paint. Since it needs paint anyway if you like to look go for it.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 AM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i ive heard about those things is they trap moisture and dirt under them and ruin the car but if the front end is already messed up why not i guess. they dont look THAT bad

Quick Reply: Car bra opinion