It can be done!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: It can be done!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: importmd

why didnt you drop it through the bottom? you dont have to remove anything from the motor, and it takes 2 hours
Because, unless you have a lift it is a big pain, and kinda dangerous. Personally I thinks it's more of a pain pulling motors out the bottom, I have done both and would rather pull them out the top.
Ditto! You ever try to raise a car without a lift and attempt to pull the motor out from the bottom?I pulled my LT1 from the top.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

Kinda funny how everybody has always said that it can be done. Now all of a sudden its like " well duh, everybodys done it." And Spartan.... yes I do. Make sure its long enough so that I can wrap it around your neck and drag you by it. How many people have done this, dead of winter, in a 12X18 garage?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Word. It aint easy- I give you plenty of respect (especially in the New England winter)- now lets see you get the new motor in there Chappie....

Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Chappie99

And Spartan.... yes I do. Make sure its long enough so that I can wrap it around your neck and drag you by it.
Lol I like your humor

I did mine out of the top as well. Had to take the intake off, as well as some other things. What did you do about the fuel lines? I couldn't get them off so I cut them. Spent freakin forever just trying to fanangle them off, and just got sick of it.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 AM
3rd Gear Member

i pulled mine through the bottom w/ out a lift, it was easy.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

Seriously, you cut them? They make tools to disconnect them. I spent $18.00 on two tools, a 5/16th and 3/8ths tool. Just spread the tool and push and pull. Took all of .30 seconds.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M*******LT1

now lets see you get the new motor in there Chappie....
I am thinking the same thing. Right now its in my basement on a stand in pcs before I send it out to be hot tanked and new cam bearings. Still debating on if I should redo the heads while its apart.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chappie99

Kinda funny how everybody has always said that it can be done. Now all of a sudden its like " well duh, everybodys done it." And Spartan.... yes I do. Make sure its long enough so that I can wrap it around your neck and drag you by it. How many people have done this, dead of winter, in a 12X18 garage?
pfff, I did it in handcuffs & blindfolded. 1 hour 48 minutes and 26 seconds

Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear member

I know I got the tool, but for some reason I just couldn't get them off...You know how it is when you can't get something and you just get frustrated. So I cut them haha. Oh well it all worked out in the end

Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: armynatguard18

I know I got the tool, but for some reason I just couldn't get them off...You know how it is when you can't get something and you just get frustrated. So I cut them haha. Oh well it all worked out in the end
I hear ya, I bought the cheep plastic fuel and AC removal tools, I just about chewed threw the lines I was getting so pissed. So I returned them and bought the alunimum ones made for each line.

On a different note, is there a trick on removing the crank pully? My gun wont break it loose, and I just about shot one of my nuts through my cover-alls while ****ting myself trying to use my breaker bar.