Calloway Camaro 94' Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Exclamation Calloway Camaro 94' Help!

I have a 1995 Callaway Chevy Camaro Supernatural 400, it has only 45,100 miles.
Latley i have been having trouble with the engine and starting the engine. I have put so much money into it. I have taken it to a place in Lewisville Texas that fixed it but they had to disconnect the aftermarket radio, they said that the amp was drawing on the battery which caused it not die after i went through three batteries! So with my radio not working i went to car toys, and they look to see if the amp was acctually drawing on battery, In front of my eyes they showed me that it wasnt and that it rides rough because its cammed and that it should die if you idle slow. Which i dont think it should die while i pull in my drive way. When I first got it about four years ago it was perfect. It is a LT1 engine and ive been told i need to get LT2 heads or pistons, i am not sure. I am not sure what to do anymore, can any help me? It might be LS1 not sure on that eiher!

Attached Thumbnails Calloway Camaro 94' Help!-camaro.jpg  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
1st Gear Member

That car is a c8 with 6.2 liter? Heads and pistons prob. not the issue. U got electrical problems. You say the car wont idle well by itself...its worse when you first start it right? What is the lift and duration of your cam? Three batteries is ridiculous...have you checked your alternator? I assume your car hasnt been tuned since you had the cam installed. You might want to try to get it tuned again because it has had some wear on it now and you will have blow-by in almost every engine that you dont use gapless rings when putting together.
1. Check alternator.
2. Check your connections to the battery (clean)
3. Check grounds
4. Retune
I would have to see the car run and look at it before i could really speculate further.
hope this help a little

Old 04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
3rd Gear Member

do you have any other pictures of the car?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Overdrive Member

I agree. That one pic does not appear to be a Calloway.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, that pic isn't a callaway at all, that's an early 4th gen with an ugly ground-fx front lip. The Callaway Camaro's look like this:

Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Overdrive Member

Holy crap that poor Camaro!

*pukes*

To the OP: Did this problem suddenly spring up? Do you have an SES light on? Any other symptoms? Did the car run OK after they disconnected your radio?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by musicman
lol, that pic isn't a callaway at all, that's an early 4th gen with an ugly ground-fx front lip. The Callaway Camaro's look like this:

Wrong. Not all Callaway Camaros were built with the aero kit. Many were, in fact, just regular-bodied Camaros with the Supernatural engine. Yes, those are the most easily recognizable Callaway customized Camaros, but they're not all aerobody cars.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:16 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Kewl. Now prove it so that I can believe you.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 PM

I want to see this car, I live in Dallas, can I come check it out?