CAI breather hose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default CAI breather hose?

Hey guys I just did a trick flow elbow and a CAI on my 94 z28, My CAI doesnt have a hole where the (breather?) hose connects. The hose that goes into the intake just to the right of the Mass air. What is this hose for, and what do I do with it now?

Did a search and couldn't find anything, sorry if this is a repost

Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 PM
2nd Gear member

UNEED IT!!! I believe u are talking aboutthe optispark vent hose that uses the intake to create a Venturi setup (pulls the air so it recirculates the air in the optispark.)

You have a few choices in how you mount that hose back onto the elbow.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:56 PM
2nd Gear member

hm,but if you have a 95 you may not have a vented optispark..

Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If I read your post correctly, you are talking about the hose that is about 1" in diameter that goes in the back of the CAI just upstream of the master cylinder, NOT the Opti vent which is a small rubber hose. I just put a Trick Flow elbow on my '97 a few months ago as my rubber one was shot. I never saw a Trick Flow CAI so I don't know if they have a provision for the breather. If you have an SLP CAI you will need to warm up that tubing they give you to fit over the outlet for the CAI. I just warmed mine in a pan of water on the stove and slid it over the outlet. If the CAI and elbow are both Trick Flow it may fit correctly.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Greg08
UNEED IT!!! I believe u are talking aboutthe optispark vent hose that uses the intake to create a Venturi setup (pulls the air so it recirculates the air in the optispark.)

You have a few choices in how you mount that hose back onto the elbow.
he doesnt have a vented opti can you take a pic of the hose and where it connects to the engine? i cant remember any hose that goes from the intake to the engine.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow, I cant really see where it connects to the engine, but I dont think its going to the optispark. Its a decent sized hose, about an inch in diameter.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

ya it defiantly doesnt go to the opti, i had a 94 Z28 so im pretty familiar with them.

i just looked through all my pics of my Z and i didnt have any hoses coming off my intake tube.

Last edited by BasicConcepts; 09-24-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 PM
4th Gear Member

Is the hose connection you're referring to on the backside of the intake, near the ABS module? If it's that one, then it originally went to the smog pump that was mounted on the lower driver side of the engine. Just cap it off or get some hose that'll fit it, any type of T that fits those hoses and route it that way. That's how I have mine, not very original or pretty, but it works.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

If you cant get a pic, ill try to post one tomorrow. I have the same thing and also have no idea what its for.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Yea that's the one MK, looked again and its going to the pump, glad its nothing too important. Ill post a pic tonight for you guys anyways

Quick Reply: CAI breather hose?