Bypass module quit working

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Default Bypass module quit working

I swear this Camaro! God do I love this car, but God how I hate it! So about a year and a half ago, I put a bypass module on my car, put a regular ignition in, and all has been well. Except for a window problem or tune up.
And all of a sudden, my car just didn't wanna start.. on my way to work, when I had stopped to pay a bill. So, we took the module out and put the resistor chip where the module was and my car still doesn't want to start. I know its not getting fuel, cuz the car will turn over, it just won't start. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be? Where the module was and the resistor now is its just a wire going int the harness. So what wires do they go to that's on the column

Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

im not so sure its vats that is the problem. vats light flashing or on? any ses light? if vats were ingauged it would not turn over at all. oh and what year and motor.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

How do you know its not just a bad fuel pump? Fuel pump is the most common no start issue.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by karma187357
I know its not getting fuel, cuz the car will turn over, it just won't start.
Fuel + spark = fire.
If turning it over was your only "test", then your problem could be anything. Open the butterfly in the throttle body and give it a shot of starting fluid. If you get a momentary run, you have a fuel supply issue. If not, check your ignition for spark.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by craby
im not so sure its vats that is the problem. vats light flashing or on? any ses light? if vats were ingauged it would not turn over at all. oh and what year and motor.
1995 z28 has an LT1.. When I had the module in, it started and the security light stayed on. Now the security light is off and it won't start. Its like its not getting any gas. Before I had the module put in, it acted the same way. Then when I put the module in, first time we tried it, it turned over no problem

Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gorn
How do you know its not just a bad fuel pump? Fuel pump is the most common no start issue.
I honestly don't think its the fuel pump because it was running fine before any of this started. I had replaced the fuel filter about 2 months ago when I changed my oil. My car had somehow jumped time and I had a friend of mine fix it, change the oil and check all the filters to make sure they were all ok. So when he changed the oil and filter he went ahead and changed the fuel filter as well.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Wink

And thank u all for your replies to my post! It is so appreciated!!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:49 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

are you familiar with shbox have a look at the vats stuff 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids it could be vats or not, need to start testing stuff to take them out of the equation. fuel pressure, injectors firing fuel, spark at plugs.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by craby
are you familiar with shbox have a look at the vats stuff 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids it could be vats or not, need to start testing stuff to take them out of the equation. fuel pressure, injectors firing fuel, spark at plugs.
No, I'm not farmiliar with it. But hey, I'm down to learn new stuff about my car anytime... I just get so frustrated about this. It seems to be an ongoing problem with my car. I have owned 4 camaros and out of all of them, this one has given me the most problems...
Tomorrow I will start testing things on my car to see what the problem could be. Thanks so much for your help!

Old 06-19-2013, 05:48 AM

Ok we've been looking and messing with it and figured out its not getting fire.. now we just gotta figure out why its not getting it. When we try and crank it u can smell fuel. So I've ruled out the vats. So any suggestions

Quick Reply: Bypass module quit working