Best wax?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Default Best wax?

I had a friend tell me Zaino Bros was the best wax around. Has anyone used this brand? If so, what do you think? If not Zaino Bros...what do you think is the best wax?

Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 AM
4th Gear Member

wow, with all of the choices out there you'll get as many opinions

I've tried more brands than I can think of over the years.

Now, I clay bar the cars, slap on some Turtle Wax or whatever is on sale and simply use wax as you dry after every washing. Everyone has their preferences but my vehicles are daily drivers and not show cars.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

This falls under the same category as who makes the best engine oil, or for that matter, who makes the best car.
Unless someone here has tried every single wax on the market, they can't give you a qualified "who's is best" answer. What you will be getting is opinions based on the wax they heard was the one to use and gave their car the "oh wow" look. Frankly, practically any wax is going to give the car a great look when it started out looking dirty and dull. Which one lasts longer is more important. And I second the clay bar system, that changes your paint from rough and bumpy to smooth as silk with a mirror finish. I love that stuff. Maybe a better question is, which wax is your favorite and why.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I can't say it's best, but I know that the body shop at the Ford dealership I worked at for a few years used Meguiars. They had a few different grades, and would use them to help blend new painted panels with old painted panels.