Basic Bolt Ons for Horsepower, Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Basic Bolt Ons for Horsepower, Need Suggestions

I'm about to land a 01 WS6 and to my knowledge the only thing that's been done to it is something todo with the mass air flow sensor or something and a Hurst short throw shifter. The first thing on the to do list is to get new exhaust from headers on back. I also would like to get a high flow filter setup so the car is breathing nice and easy and wondering if anybody had anything they could recommend. I'm also looking for any suggestions that would add 5 or 10 horsepower here and there. I've checked out several websites but found everybody here has been helpful in the past and more knowledgeable, so please put in your two cents, I'd appreciate it.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Basic Bolt Ons for Horsepower, Need Suggestions

Adding better coils, spark plugs and ignition wiring. Maybe a Holley fuel pump, upgraded cams and valves, and a centrifugal supercharger with an intercooler to go with it.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Here is what I'd do...call Dale Earndhart Chevy in Kannapolis, NC and see if they will give you a list of what they put on the 2001 D.E. Z/28's. They made 385 hp, met EPA and the MPG was not hurt enough to matter.....plus it was RELIABLE. But whatever you do, make sure the parts are MATCHED componets. By that I mean you want do decide how many rpm's you want to your power at. Let's say you want max hp at 6500 rpm.....then you don't use a 7500 rpm cam with a 6000 rpm head and a 5500 rpm intake. Plus, I would not go for max hp but more toward a good usable wide band between your torque peak and your hp peak.
Good luck.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:13 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: The Banks

Adding better coils, spark plugs and ignition wiring. Maybe a Holley fuel pump, upgraded cams and valves, and a centrifugal supercharger with an intercooler to go with it.
i see what you did there lol

Old 06-17-2007, 01:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well, so much for people here being helpful.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:04 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

if you'd do some looking you will find answers to this question several times. i realized that after i asked the same question for my lt1

Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Conundrum

Well, so much for people here being helpful.
There was some crappy advice in this thread, sorry about that. What areyour goals for this car? Is it a daily driver? A weekend toy? I really suggest you set an ET or HP goal and go from there.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Whammer, if you'd actually bother to read my post you would have noticed that I did look on other sites. I prefer to ask a question here and get responses from the people here, because in the past they've always been right on opposed to some sites that are trying sell me something or rummaging through months of past posts.

My goal for this car is a daily driver with some serious kick in the ***. When it comes to fuel injected cars I now the basics to beefing up a car still apply, but I'm still in new territory. Basically I just would like some advice on the best types of air filters, headers, and all of the basics to get the mosthorsepower out of it. At the moment the most I'm willing to modify on the engine would be the intake and heads but that'll be down the road since I'm going to have to recover from the down payment.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 PM
2nd Gear member

he meant do a search on this site, this site is pretty slow but still gets asked this question once a week

Old 06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i meant no disrespect...nickdotcom got what i was saying. sorry for sounding like an ***

Quick Reply: Basic Bolt Ons for Horsepower, Need Suggestions