bad news

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default bad news

heres the story...... i bought my car (94 camaro a4)as an lt1 swap. i just changed the rearend and put 3.73s in it and the other mods are lt headers w/ offroad y pipe, hypertech, and rebuilt tranny with shift kit. i raced a bone stock 95 trans amwith 3.23s and......... it beat me from a 55 mph roll anyone know y? im depressed and sick of losing to the same cars with less mods and barely winning to stock eclipses lol. by the way in first gear i do good but when i hit second everyone seems to catch me. could it be gears in the tranny? please help me before i go nuts and get forced to sell it. its my baby and i really dont want to.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: bad news

Well... Do you granny shift? Could be driver error.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

umm........... yea maybe my foot wasnt all the way down on the floor...... its an automatic with a shift kit. im positive thats not the problem.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 AM
4th Gear Member

ah, sorry i assumed you had a manual for some reason. What did you do to the rear end exactly? Am i right in assuming you have stock gears? That would help. Plus if you go back and tune the computer to utilize the gears it would really help. If you havent already done so with your new rearend a posi differential would help.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:54 AM
4th Gear Member

miles? engine mite jus be very worn out, and not making near rated HP... cuz my 3.8 could beat tiburons, turbo eclipses, RSX's, celicas, all of em, only thing i couldnt touch was a turbo engine(cept the turbo eclipse, weak turbo cars right there)

Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yeah how many miles on the engine? That could be a major factor in your quest for power. Also once the mods were completed did you have the car tuned because you can mod all you want and you'll still run the same times as stock because the computer hasen't been tuned to make the most of your mods.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

sorry spartan dude i thought u were just tryin to trash talk me lol. the engine has right around the same miles as the car which is 103000. i dont think thats to bad. and no i havent had it tuned since the mods. when i bought the car it already came with a hypertech chip but its pretty old and the guy didnt give me the programmer thing. maybe ill just get the newer power programmer 3 along with a dyno tune one last question tho. a few people told me the car could have a 4l60e tranny out of a blazer in it and they said those were designed more for torque not speed. is that a posibility? and is there any way to fix that or would i need a different tranny?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
4th Gear Member

that isnt bad milage, but the pervious owner may not have taken care of it during that milage, like the person who owned mine.. oil changes every 6 or 7 kni, original air filter after 130kmi, original fuel filter, original spark plugs, coils, packs, etc... after a while it wears on engine. fortunately, it didnt do anything(that i know of) to mine, but i also made sure my engine, and everything was CLEAN, and i had someone take oil pan off, clean it all out, new seal, and all of that. but ik my car was ready for a few things(tune up, never got around to it, new EGR valve, new headers, had small hole) main reason i sold it, my dad didnt want me to not have a car to drive, but at same time, he wouldnt let me own 2 vehicles.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:54 PM
4th Gear Member

No, i wasnt tryin to rag on ya bro! Sorry if it came off that way! I drove a V6 mustang... it was slow and had a lame tranny.. lol... i know what its like to get lost in others dust.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

once again sorry if im getting annoying but my car depresses me lol and i just want to figure out my slow problem. ive been tryin stuff ever since i bought the car and i still havent fixed the main problem. could just needinga tune upbe the reason im getting beat by stock lt1s? ill go for new spark plugs and wires first. thanx for all your help homies lol

Quick Reply: bad news