Audio problem for my 97 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Default Audio problem for my 97 camaro

hey i was wondering if you guys could help me out here...yesterday i was working on installin a sound system in my car and my audio was working fine, then we pretty much get it finished puttin it all in and now there is nothing at all coming from the speakers i know i got them hooked up cuz i had just been listenin to the radio a little bit earlier and didnt touch the speaker wires...but maybe its something easy that i just overlooked but ne advice would be great! Thanks!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:17 AM

try check ur fuse, you could of possibly connected something wrong or touched wires and blew the fuse...and the ground is really important...what our cars are made of is not a very good ground for...ur ground. either run the ground to the seatbelt bolt or try ur luck running it to the battery. or jsut take a lot of time sanding down on a fenderwel or something. do you even hear a hum from ur system or just nothing no CD no radio nothing? but make sure all connections are tight.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

can u give any more details as to what you put in your car?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:43 PM

i got a hifonics 4 channel amp with 2 12" alpine type e's the subs r working now its just i cant get any audio out of the speakers i didnt change any wiring from when they did work..when we were putting the deck in we did blew a fuse so then the deck didnt work but i changed that so now thats working fine..i dnt have any fuse diagram so i dnt know if there would b another fuse for speakers to or what..i should have just paid to have it done but i didnt think i would have this much trouble

Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

are you feeding your car speakers from your amp or just from the head unit? and are they the stock speakers?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 PM

just from the deck, and no they r after market speakers, they were in there when i bought the car

Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

hmm interesting...try finding a fuse guide for your car online and check to make sure nothings blown...other than that i would try another set of speakers and see if they work just to see if the problem is with your head unit or with the speaker...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 AM

i checked the fuses they all r good, is it possible i blew the speaker outputs in my deck? if i did its not a big deal i got insurance on it so i could run and pick up another one

Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Overdrive Member

Were the aftermarket speakers using the stock head-unit or was it a complete aftermarket system that you just upgraded with a new amp and head unit?

Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i would probably be able to fix it but i can't explain how to fix it i kinda just try one thing after another because i have sorta the same problem, did you wire the harness for the aftermarket deck or did you get a "smart harness"?

Quick Reply: Audio problem for my 97 camaro