Almost wrecked my baby...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Almost wrecked my baby...

I feel so angry with myself right now. I was driving my friend home about an hour ago, and I was paying more attention to the conversation than driving. Probably doing 30-35. I look up and I'm sailing though a red light, thank god it was red to the left and right of me though. The guy in front of me had a green left arrow and was in mid turn. I slammed my brakes and he did too, so I had to go left around him to avoid hitting him. I feel so dumb/pissed/angry, I can't believe I did that!!!

I've been driving three years and no accidents, on my fourth car. A couple close calls, usually when I'm distracted by my passenger(no excuse though). My adrenaline is still going from that near miss, **** if I hit him I would of been screwed. I had to vent to you guys, it's really bothering me lol.

On another note the brakes kick *** and they are real worn too. I actually just ordered new rotors and pads all around last night.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Note it and move on. All you can do. I sometimes get distracted by my music but usually catch it with enough time to react (harder when someone is just stopped and you can't see brake lights because of glare and such). I've also had a few close calls not exactly paying attention/not realizing a car being there (trying to merge and car comes out of seemably nowhere).
Ever since my SS was totaled I've been real cautious of yellow lights and green light yield turns too. Not much you can do about others, just gotta try and keep focus.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

"I was paying more attention to the conversation than driving"
"I look up and I'm sailing though a red light".
What, were you talking to somebody in your lap?
Oh man...... glad to hear nothing bad happened though!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Update: After apolgizing to my friend he claims my light was green, but I swear I remember it being red. Oh well.

Another time I picked up this girl and I was paying more attention to the convo than the road. I guess I drifted into the left lane without realizing it. Than it hit me "hey I'm driving on the wrong side of the road" lol. B**** thought I drove a mustang, almost pulled over and said "get out." haha

Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 AM
2nd Gear member

Lololol, Mustang. I always respond with, "Nah, I drive a Corvette."

Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 AM
4th Gear Member

ride a motorcycle for a while where there is lots of traffic; you'll become accustomed to being much more aware. IMHO, it makes one a better driver.

glad you're ok

Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear member

good nothing happened :-)
the hit that doesn't hurt u makes u stronger ;-)