99 Camaro Z28... In need of..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Post 99 Camaro Z28... In need of..

Recently picked up a 99 Z28 6Spd for $4700 total ( $500 for Z06 rims) and I've been loving it ever since... My only concern is that it needs a few parts; it goes as follows...

It was in a light front end collision, but new parts have been installed so I just need paint on the front bumper and right front fender...

I have been thinking about getting a paint job or trying to find someone who is parting out a RED camaro.. i will need a R front fender and bumper...

Its either finding parts or getting a paint job..

The car also needs both airbags and modules... where can I find these? and I am willing to do the install myself, so my question is where can I find info on how to do this?? and where can I find used airbags and modules at a good price....

HERE IS A PHOTO ( ill upload the front end and right side once i take a pic of it)

ANY HELP IS APPRECAITED

other than all that, the car is in perfect shape
Has 121k on original engine and tranny.. bone stock except for an SLP intake...

Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 PM

VicsLs1,

That's a cherry Camaro, man With a little TLC I'm sure that she'll be looking factory fresh in no time at all!

If you are looking for the air bag units and modules then I would recommend checking out gmpartsgiant.com. I've continually been impressed with their prices as well as sizeable inventory of Camaro parts. If you search for the parts using your VIN then all of the search results will be guaranteed to fit your particular model year Camaro.

As far as working on any SRS-related component is concerned, it's generally thought to be a good idea to leave these kinds of repairs to professionals. I'm not doubting your mechanical aptitude or speculating on the repair job's difficulty, rather I'm merely relaying the conventional wisdom I've heard throughout my years of tinkering on cars.

The only part of the procedure that I know off the top of my head is the air bag system disarming procedure:

1. Align the steering wheel so the vehicle wheels are pointing in the straight-ahead position.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key.

3. Remove the SIR or AIR BAG fuse from the fuse block.

4. Remove the left instrument panel insulator.

5. Remove the connector retainer, then disengage the yellow 2-way SIR wiring harness connector at the base of the steering column.

6. Remove the right instrument panel insulator.

7. Remove the connector retainer, then disengage the yellow 2-way SIR wiring harness connector located behind the IP compartment door.

I'll dig around on the Internet later to see if I can find any solid write-ups for you, but for now this is the best that I can offer