95 V6 Camaro, Cant Identify my problem!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010 | 02:06 AM
|
Lightbulb 95 V6 Camaro, Cant Identify my problem!?!?!?!

Hey guys I need some major help.

I noticed That my Camaro, was struggling to stay on. It was because one of my Camaro's distributor cables had came apart from its head that attaches to the spark plug. I replaced that distributor cable. My Camaro turned on great and all, but it had this problem: Once I would step on the gas pedal to inject it with gas the car would turn off.

so then we changed the censors that control the fuel injection system but it kept doing the same thing. Then, All these mechanics suggested that it was the gas pump. So we went through the very difficult process of changing the gas pump. (WOW that was hard)

=( but the Camaro's still doing the same thing.

It'll turn on we can maybe even pick up the RPM to 5, but when You put the gas pedal all the way down, the Car turns off.

Ideas, good ones PLease =) cus my mechanic is stumped =/

Old 03-27-2010 | 06:56 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Are there any lights on in your dash? Does the car backfire or make a funny sounds when it dies? Sounds like your Mechanics are not very good. Replacing a fuel pump without verifying a fuel pressure problem is a rookie mistake.

There not a "censor" that controls the fuel injection system. There are many of them. Any idea which "censor" they replaced? If your idle is good/smooth my guess would be either somthing is limiting your fuel volume or the strengh of your spark. There are 10 different things that come to mind that could do that. If your idle is bad/rough it could be almost anything in your fuel injection or igintion systems.

Based on you description of the issue and what was done I suggest you find a better mechanic. There is a lot of testing that needs done and fed back to us inorder for us to help you with anything other then a guess. You may get a some guess and people who have had a "problem like this" but your description is too vauge and it will all be a roll of the dice.

Old 03-27-2010 | 08:15 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Originally Posted by Gorn

Based on you description of the issue and what was done I suggest you find a better mechanic. There is a lot of testing that needs done and fed back to us inorder for us to help you with anything other then a guess. You may get a some guess and people who have had a "problem like this" but your description is too vauge and it will all be a roll of the dice.
Amen, find a new mechanic. Also, amen again on testing. Stop throwing money at it and do some tests. You can rent testers at your local auto parts store (autozone, advance, napa etc...) Its better to spend money testing things as it is cheaper - you will also find out what is more specificaly wrong.

Old 03-27-2010 | 06:54 PM
2nd Gear member

dump the mechanic.one visit to him(which obviously didnt work)and you could have bought a scanner to use now and in the future.as i have said before i think for these cars a scanner should be budgeted into a tuneup lol