1998 Camaro Convertible newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Default 1998 Camaro Convertible newbie questions

Hello, All.

Proud new owner of a 1998 Camaro Convertible with a couple of questions:

(1) What interior lamps are supposed to turn on when a door is opened or when the panel dimmer dial is turned all the way up? Currently, nothing turns on in my car, but I have the two map lights on the rear-view mirror (which according to the manual are supposed to turn on when the door is opened but which currently only turn on via the use of their switches) and two rectangular lights in the backseat area (one on each side), neither one of which has yet to turn on under any circumstance.

(2) Are there kits available to add a trunk light to this model? (or is there supposed to be one there already?)

(3) There is some sort of multi-pin rectangular header exposed below the console on the right-hand side of the driver's area (somewhat forward of the driver's right knee). I'm curious to know its purpose and/or potential functionality.

Thanks in advance for any insights into these weighty matters.

Jacques.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: 1998 Camaro Convertible newbie questions

Answer on question #3...No new taxes. Wait, that was last year. That rectangular thing is for your computer, you can plug a programer into it or a scaner to read what your car is trying to tell you. Now if only my old lady had one of those in the back of her head, I would have remembered our anniversary.