1993/6 cyl. - Vents don't work at all!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
2nd Gear member

engine bay fuse box, right behind the driver side headlights. unscrew the little plastic cap. all information should be inside.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM
2nd Gear member

also, the blower motor is tucked against the firewall, behind the whole dash. More directly, behind the passenger side air bag. Im not sure where the wires run. I wasn't paying attention to that when I did my heater core and dash swap.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by 9434V6
also, the blower motor is tucked against the firewall, behind the whole dash. More directly, behind the passenger side air bag. Im not sure where the wires run. I wasn't paying attention to that when I did my heater core and dash swap.

Ahh thank you kindly, that was quite helpful. I have been looking everywhere online trying to find a diagram of that fuse box. This is NOT going to be an easy job considering where that blower motor is located, is it?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear member

Blower Motor - V6 F-Body.com

it wont work if it looks like this lol

Name:  IMG_2159.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  94.9 KB

Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear member

not a problem. glad i could help. and no, its not an easy task. someone might have a trick for it or know where you can access the wires else where, but i only know one way. and thats to pull the whole dash which is difficult, time consuming, wouldn't recommend that as a job for someone that doesnt have much experience. see if anyone can tell you where the wires lead first. maybe you can get to them in an easier spot. otherwise, id leave it up to someone else.

fbody..... what in the world... im proud to say ive personally never seen that and hope i never do...

Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by fbodyrs96
Blower Motor - V6 F-Body.com

it wont work if it looks like this lol

Holy shat dude!!! LOL Yeah that's pretty bad. Not looking forward to this at all Any other tips or pointers??

Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by 9434V6
not a problem. glad i could help. and no, its not an easy task. someone might have a trick for it or know where you can access the wires else where, but i only know one way. and thats to pull the whole dash which is difficult, time consuming, wouldn't recommend that as a job for someone that doesnt have much experience. see if anyone can tell you where the wires lead first. maybe you can get to them in an easier spot. otherwise, id leave it up to someone else.

fbody..... what in the world... im proud to say ive personally never seen that and hope i never do...

Wait, so do I have to pull the whole dash just to get to the blower motor itself?? Is that what you're saying, or do you mean just to check the wires you were talking about?? This could be bad... Alot worse than I thought, if that's the case

Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Im not sure where the wires from the blower motor run. You can possibly access them in an easier to get to spot, but im not sure where.
My experience with the blower motor was that you had to remove the whole frontal dash. which to get out, you need to take out the trim pieces of the drivers side, gauge cluster, a pillars, glove box, etc. then you take out the hunk of a dash behind it which has bolts you can see, bolts you cant, some at weird angles. After you get that out, the airbag and ventilation usually comes with it. Getting it out is fun though. Then you will finally see the blower motor. Its a good few hour job, more bolts than you can probably remember, and if you never have done it before, you will probably break or forget something. I did my first time.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:08 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

remove the passenger side kick panel and passenger side under dash cover/insulator. fan is on the other side of the cover. easy to change for me. took 30 minutes. there is also a resistor under there

Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by craby
remove the passenger side kick panel and passenger side under dash cover/insulator. fan is on the other side of the cover. easy to change for me. took 30 minutes. there is also a resistor under there

what he said, there's only 3 bolts that hold it and then it drops down and you can unplug the wire.

Quick Reply: 1993/6 cyl. - Vents don't work at all!!