01 ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

coming from a conv driver id stay away i kinda hate it and wish i had the t tops the biggest problem is the little *** back window and the HUGE blindspots ive gotten used to it but seriously like 2 cars can fit in the rear blindspots

on the other hand girls LOVE the conv camaro

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
The Goats are nice, but I'd still take my T/A over one. Before I bought the T/A I looked into a 06 Goat, real nice car for a DD, but I wasn't crazy about the looks of the car. Do you prefer manual or automatic? Yout Goat is a 6spd but the Maro is an auto, doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. I also am not a fan of verts, but to each their own. I definately think the F bodies are bigger head turners and around me, more rare.

I would love an 02 T/A, they are mean as hell looking and def. turn heads. Before I bought my Goat i was looking at T/A's and Camaros but the ones around me either had a lot of miles or were beaten to hell. It figures as soon as i buy the goat I see some really nice ones pop up all over... 6spd is nice for the performance factor but when i just want to "cruise" around with some friends who have muscle cars, it can be a little more of a PITA with all the stop and go traffic where i live.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 20GTO06
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMG_0022.jpg

Picture of my GTO, incase anyone was curious
I creamed

Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 PM
2nd Gear member

A neighbor just totaled his GTO. It was an electric blue color with less than 15k miles and always pampered. Perfect, and I mean perfect condition. This guy must be in his 60s and a first generation Italian immigrant. You canna barely ah unnastand what he ah sayin. From what I gather he went to his eye doctor for an exam and they used the drops that dilate your pupils. He comes out of the office (it was a sunny day) and drives away. Goes around a turn and suddenly the sun is in his eyes. He's blinded and drives off the road into a tree at about 20 mph. Bang! It's all over. He said "an wenna the tree springa back it breaka my engine." Huh? I'd be interested in knowing exactly what happened under the hood but it would be an ordeal to listen to his explanation. Now he's driving a 2011 Mustang GT. Definitely a step down in my opinion.

As for the OP's dilemma, for me the big question is whether this 01 would be your daily driver. You just *don't* want a convertible as a DD. The top will cook and shrink causing leaks. Worse yet some ahole will cut the top to steal the pennies from your console.

The 01 is def a sweet looking ride and, I think, better looking than the GTO. I'd want mine to be the 6-speed though. With the possible engine problems I might pass but definitely wouldn't offer top dollar.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
on the other hand girls LOVE the conv camaro
Of course bro. Its a chick car. Haha, JK.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I love my Camaro but a GTO would be great

I think I would stick with what I know. Your GTO is a known evil. While the Camaro is an unknown evil. I like my Camaro, and would love a GTO, but I wouldn't trade it for one because it has had only two problems in 90,000 miles. Other than maintenance, a battery, and an oil sending unit, it has been what I would consider problem free. Keep what you know, you may be happier in the end. But in the end it is your choice. Have fun with it either way.