01 ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 20GTO06
Yes, it is the Phantom Black Metallic. I have a thing about Black cars, this is my 3rd in 5 years lol.
Me too, I'm not a huge fan of silver but my Z was a steal so I figured I could always paint it later.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:58 AM
3rd Gear Member

Forget the Camaro and keep the Goat bro. That Goat is beautiful. The interiors in the GTO are awesome and its so much roomier. The GTO has backseats that you can actually sit in. The Camaro is cramped and my passengers often complain about the little room. The leather and other interior parts in the GTO are of better quality than the Camaro's cheap hard plastics. Oh yeah, its also got the 400 horsepower 6.0 liter LS2. The bigger the engine, the better. The GTO has a 6-speed also, better than the SS's automatic.

Last edited by Buffalo02Z28; 11-16-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 AM

Beautiful car. Runs factory spec. times at the track. I have been surfing http://pistonslap.com/ about the issue. I can remember a few of my other GM vehicles that had this sort of issue to one extent or another. Like I said, I will def. have to bring this to mechanic and have them look at it.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Forget the Camaro and keep the Goat bro. That Goat is beautiful. The interiors in the GTO are awesome and its so much roomier. The GTO has backseats that you can actually sit in. The Camaro is cramped and my passengers often complain about the little room. The leather and other interior parts in the GTO are of better quality than the Camaro's cheap hard plastics. Oh yeah, its also got the 400 horsepower 6.0 liter LS2. The bigger the engine, the better. The GTO has a 6-speed also, better than the SS's automatic.

I agree with you 100%. THere is just something about those camaros... they are definite head turners and just stand out in the crowd. I wish they would have gone a little more retro with the design of the GTO; it looks too much like a fat grand prix... The GTO is put up for the winter and so is the camaro, so luckily I have a few months to mull it over. I really do appreciate the input.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 20GTO06
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee520/06GTOLS2/

There should a few pictures of the car. I appreciate the opinions so far. Should I be a little more concerned with the piston slap? I will probably take it down to my Chevy Dealer if I decide to go further with it, just to get it looked over.
I love this car. Black, like the doctor ordered, just not have the dough!!!

I have been drooling over getting one of those!!!

It must be funnnn!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:04 PM
2nd Gear member

a new-ish camaro with 15,000 miles already has piston slap??? something dosent sound right to me....
I love catfish camaroes, but i loveee the new GTOs too... IMO, i would keep the GTO, ONLY because i hate convertibles. all convertibles no matter what car (no offense, any convertible camaroers)

Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MelloYello
a new-ish camaro with 15,000 miles already has piston slap??? something dosent sound right to me....
I love catfish camaroes, but i loveee the new GTOs too... IMO, i would keep the GTO, ONLY because i hate convertibles. all convertibles no matter what car (no offense, any convertible camaroers)
I agree with you, I'm not into convertibles either. Anyways, I would rather have the GTO over the Camaro SS. Its got 79,000 miles by the way.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 AM
3rd Gear Member

Keep the gto! GTOs are rare and beautiful. The interior is so much better.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by FSTKMARO
I love this car. Black, like the doctor ordered, just not have the dough!!!

I have been drooling over getting one of those!!!

It must be funnnn!!!

It def. is fun to drive; not the fastest out of the dig; once i hit 2nd gear, thats when you can feel all the power. Only draw backs is that the stock shifters in these things SUCK, One of the worst i've driven; nothing a shifter change cant fix though, and the tires are too thin (235/40/18); while you guys are putting down 275+ without having to roll your fenders.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
3rd Gear Member

The Goats are nice, but I'd still take my T/A over one. Before I bought the T/A I looked into a 06 Goat, real nice car for a DD, but I wasn't crazy about the looks of the car. Do you prefer manual or automatic? Yout Goat is a 6spd but the Maro is an auto, doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. I also am not a fan of verts, but to each their own. I definately think the F bodies are bigger head turners and around me, more rare.