82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

tpi issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 AM

i still say test your injectors... you would be surprised what impact 1 or more bad injectors will do, test them cold then test them hot after the motor acts up and you should find out prety quick if there are any probs there, post what you come up with for all 8 on a cold and hot

Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 AM

how do i check them??

Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 AM

Remove the plug and measure the resistance between the two pins in the injector. Be careful, these are old connectors. Measure them cold and hot and report back what you find.

Any injector that ohms under 12 is dead. And you might as well replace them all as a set because the rest can't be far behind. If your injectors aren't working right, you'll NEVER get a good combustion/smooth operation etc.

if they are bad use new Bosch III's they are your best replacement

Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

fyi, that is only testing the coil inside the injector. if the injector is internally blocked, you have to replace it

Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

fyi, that is only testing the coil inside the injector. if the injector is internally blocked, you have to replace it.

have you looked into the egr at all? if run into an issue with one sticking and causing a odd, lopey idle, then would go away. it gave me low highway power as well

Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by microkid
fyi, that is only testing the coil inside the injector. if the injector is internally blocked, you have to replace it

yes you are rite but alot of theas injectors fail because of heat and age, and yes an internal blockage is a problem and will require dissasemly of the tpi to spacificly test each injector, im just offering a simple test to a common problem that always gets overlooked.

i have seen sooo many guys on here that end up replacing their maf and iac and egr and never think their injectors are the prob...

AND theas cars are not sequiental fuel injection so if injectors are infact failing they can potentialy affect how other injectors operate and the hotter the engine gets the worse the symtoms get.

so yes there may infact be internal blockages but this test is simple and requires no money to check, and 1 injector with a blockage wont affect other injectors and the common driver wont catch or notice any performance issues, and if there was a blocked injector that is causing this big of a prob checking your sparkplugs will quickly tell you what cyl has the blocked injector, hypatheticly speaking..

i understand that i am new to this site and my creditability may be overlooked but i have ben araound alot of theas cars i have 3 z28 camaros 2 of them are 86's and 1 91 with wc t5.

heck for all you know when the swap was done the injectors were not replaced so now you could be running old rundown injectors.

just check them if they pass then proceed it cant hrt to check a common prob that even more commonly gets overlooked

Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 AM

you check them injectors yet???

Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 AM

No i havent had a chance to been so busy at work hopefull this weekend

Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM

I have read your threwad and your car has the same symptoms as mine. I plan to ohm mine out in the morning. Would like to hear back if you fixed the problem.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:59 PM

i checked the injectors wile the engine acted up every injector was 17.5 ohms

Quick Reply: tpi issues