Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   82-92 V8 Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/82-92-v8-tech-13/)
-   -   It starts and stalls immediatelly! Help plz! (https://camaroforums.com/forum/82-92-v8-tech-13/starts-stalls-immediatelly-help-plz-42999/)

oasr987 09-15-2009 07:56 PM

It starts and stalls immediatelly! Help plz!

I crank the engine and the engine starts without a problem.... after a couple seconds it stalls and dies!!!

- Checked fuel pressure and it reads 45 psi when cranking and after it starts it stays at 42
- Checked for fuel injectors with noid light and the light flashes on all injectors
- No codes are showing up when i pin the connector... but the Service engine soon stays on when i turn the ignition on...

Im out of ideas plz help!

microkid 09-19-2009 09:33 AM

could be low oil pressure/issue with sensor. the fuel pump will run on its own for seconds during cranking and is then referenced by oil pressure to keep the fuel pump on. ive never seen anyone with this problem yet, but its a possibility. what type of fuel injection it, and what all have you diagnosed to it previously?

craby 09-19-2009 09:48 AM

^^^ very well could be pressure sensor. or ignition (chip) modual? have u checked for spark when it wont run?

oasr987 09-21-2009 01:21 PM

Yes spark was there after it ran... I missed one injector (the cold start injector) I suppied 12 volts directly to the cold start injector while i cranked the engine and the engine stayed on until i took off the 12 volt supply... then checked and the 3amp cold crank fuse got blown.. replaced to a 5 amp fuse cuz thats all I had and the egine stayed on... problem fixed.. will the 5 amp fuse be an issue cuz its 2amps more than the original or should i just buy a 3 amp?

1977-Camaro 09-21-2009 01:35 PM

Somthing similar happend to me it wouldnt stay runnin without givin gas/ it turns out my distributor was twisted. i dont know if it could be your problem or not.

craby 09-21-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by oasr987 (Post 365777)
Yes spark was there after it ran... I missed one injector (the cold start injector) I suppied 12 volts directly to the cold start injector while i cranked the engine and the engine stayed on until i took off the 12 volt supply... then checked and the 3amp cold crank fuse got blown.. replaced to a 5 amp fuse cuz thats all I had and the egine stayed on... problem fixed.. will the 5 amp fuse be an issue cuz its 2amps more than the original or should i just buy a 3 amp?

next time your at the parts store pick one up. not a real issue but best to keep it as it was. good deal back on the road. dont get caught. :)

BLACKSHEEP 09-28-2009 03:27 PM

mine sat for a LONG time before i got it and it would not stay running without gassing it for 5 mins...its a TPI....turned out the mass air flow was bad.....replaced it and it purred like a kittin as soon as lit

jimwww 10-04-2009 02:49 AM

Check for vacuum leaks. Mine had that prob.