82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.
View Poll Results: I'm Putting in a Comp Cams Thumpr Cam. Good or Bad?
GOOOOOD
100.00%
BAAAAD
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Project Car ~ You Know a Lot? Please Help. Gonna Need a Lot!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Exclamation Project Car ~ You Know a Lot? Please Help. Gonna Need a Lot!

I'm building a camaro, and i have a lot of questions. If you know the '86 year well, please visit frequently. I'll have questions from removing seats to putting in an engine, and everything in between.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Default Question #1 ~ What wires are hooked up to the battery?

When we got the car, there was no engine, and the battery was disconnected. Right now I want to use the power seats to get at the bolts to take them out.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Default Question #2 ~ What is the middle button on the center console?

There are 3 buttons in the middle of the center console. Two are the window buttons. What is the middle one, it just slides back and springs forward.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BrandonB0013
There are 3 buttons in the middle of the center console. Two are the window buttons. What is the middle one, it just slides back and springs forward.
It opens the trunk/hatch.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Default Hey thanks!

Originally Posted by c4maro
It opens the trunk/hatch.
I had a feeling that's what that was for, cuz I couldn't think of any other possibility, but it seemed too easy to hit.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

It doesn't open if you're in gear.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Default Well...

Originally Posted by djs383
It doesn't open if you're in gear.
Being that the engine is out of the car and everything is unplugged...we jumped a battery onto the wires for the windows and lights etc., but the trunk latch never worked. The car is in nuetral, but being the engine is out, could that have anything to do with it? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm going to need all the help I can get by everyone on this forum. Thanks so far!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Default Cleaning my camaro

We bought the car probably 7 years ago. It sat in a shed for them 7 years and eventually some mice got in and made some nests. Also the owner of the shed had some cats and there was always a cat sleeping in it when we checked up on it. So there now is the smell of cat **** and I found about 6 or 7 dead baby mice in the nests. I vaccumed them all up and used a shampoo carpet cleaner on the carpets and seats. Also, the floors got quite a bit of grease and crap left on it. Not much of it came out. My options are, buy floor mats to cover the spots (cuz the dirty spots are under the feet not the seats), or I can just go buy a new carpet kit. Also does anyone know of any ways to get the smell out? I got probably around half of it by just cleaning the carpets. But there is still a noticeable hint inside. Also, my headliner is junk. Are they relatively cheap, or should I just have someone local make one. I've been by a friend, that he knows a guy who does really nice headliners.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

whoa whoa, mice you say? 7 years? i have dealt with a problem similar. you need to be really careful with that, because mice are very tricky and you don't want to find some nests later on. so check the glove compartment and somewhat inside the dash, if there is more nesting built up then that will cause the smell and nothing will kill the smell unless getting rid of the nests! ugh such horrible memories lol

Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the smell is in the carpet padding. take it out and replace or clean as best u can without ruining it.

Quick Reply: Project Car ~ You Know a Lot? Please Help. Gonna Need a Lot!