82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

My first Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Default My first Camaro

Hi everybody,i'm15 and irecently purchased my first camaro, a 1992 z/28 and i was just wonderin if i got a good deal on it.
Its got a 5.7 TPI engine, all stock except aftermarket radio and 3" exhaust, its got decent paint, blue with white stripes, original rims in good shape,carpeted interior, new headliner, power windows, locks, and mirrors, dash is cracked in a couple of places but other than that the interior is in perfect shape. The only thing that doesnt work is the trunk opener thing and if anyone knows whats wrong with that i would greatly appreciate it if you would help me out with it. Anyways I ended up paying $3000 for it and it was kind of an impulse decision andi dont know much about them so did i get a good deal?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: My first Camaro

Hey, welcome to the forum and great choice on a car. Please post up in the new members section so we can all welcome you. I think you got an alright deal, post up some pic's with your new post in new members. And what milage does it have on it?.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM

Its got 94,781 original miles on it. and thanks for the welcome.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 PM

The trunk release is a multi-part deal. There is the switch, that connects to a relay under the console and a fuse, don't remember which, but check 'em all anyway. Then the wires to the trunk release. If you plan on keeping this car for any length of time. Pick up a Haynes/Chilton's guide. Wiring diagrams are a pain to read because they span many pages and have to trace a single line. Yet very helpful. As long as you have some basic tools you should be able to check into this.

Fuses first, easy and cheap.
To remove the center console I beleive you will need a T-15 torx bit. Check for 12v at the relay, or replace relay, again, fairly cheap part, and try again.
Keep moving down the line starting closest to the 12v source and move towards the trunk.
If you open the trunk with the key, does it still pull it closed??

Hope it helps

Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 PM

Well I know this is going to sound stupid but I can't find the key hole.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Your gonna have alot of trouble later on in life if you cant find the hole...

Old 11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

It's under the licence plate.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 PM

lol it was the first day i had it, i didnt know where nething was, the person that sold it to me had it for over 2 years and thought the only way to open it was with the switch!!! and yeah it opens with the key.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 PM

and when i close it it seems like the hatch lid doesnt shut all the way

Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sounds to me like you got a great deal. Just take car of it and it will take car of you. Try to get us a pic of it. And a Chilton manual is an excellent idea. They provide so much information reference and help. Stay on the site and you'll learn tons more as well.