82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

I NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Default I NEED HELP!

Ok so i really need some help and it would be appreciated if you could telll me what is wrong. My camaro is in park but it wants keeps moving forward and won't stop. If i put it in reverse it moves forward as if its stuck in drive. its a 700R4 tranny. any ideas?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: I NEED HELP!

Possibly you linkage is damaged. Does it feel as if it is clicking into position in the transmission or just move real freely? From the shift lever there is a cable that runs through the floor to the left side of the tranny. Maybe there is a problem with that some where. Perhaps the bracket that bolts to the tranny to move the selector is stripped. If nothing is wrong with the external partsthen the tranny pan needs to come off and checked inside.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM

yeah its the linkage yesterday we just took off the pan and changed the filter and the gasket. Thanks for the help

Old 10-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Overdrive Member

OHHH and you forgot to bolt the braket that holds the cable to the pan?
Ya know if something does not work after you touched that particular item it does not hurt to retrace your steps.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 PM

yeah i went through and the bracket was on but i looked at it and it was actually a piece that holds the cable from moving and it broke so when i moved the shift stick all that happened was i was just moving the cable around instead of moving gears