82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default i need help

i bought my camaro couple months ago it is a 1990 rs 305 ,5.0. well everything was fine with it untill it broke down on me at a gas station thank god not in the streets i was putting gas in it like (5) bucks worth lol and well when i turned it off u kno put gas in it then tried to turn it on to leave but it wouldnt turn up u just hear it try to turn on like everything is good but it just never started some people told me it was the fuel pump that the gasoline wasnt getting to the engine i thought that was a possibility because i always had the gas at 1/4 because im broke i dont work and im 17 cant work cuz gota go to school day and night to make up classes anyway i put gas in at the front of the engine with that quick starter spray and it turned on as i sprayed it but after i took the spray off it would turn off like it wasnt getting the gasoline and then i called my mechanic and he said there was something wrong with the starter so i dont kno

Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: i need help

If you could use starter fluid or gas or what ever down the TB and it ran or wanted to run then its a fuel problem. Most likley the fuel pump. I see them go out more often when a person runs his tank low.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

ok thats what it has to be hopefully. me and my neighbor will put a new one in and if it still dont work then ima get it checked

Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 PM

there is a fuel pump relay mounted on the firewall/drivers side
there is also a fuel pump test connector in line w/wiring harness -passenger side.
fuel pump replacement not an easy job -must drop gas tank -pump is about $80 @ Autozone
if never changed fuel filter -do it- $10 @autozone
suggest you invest in Haynes auto manual -if diy -$18 autozone
put at least 3-4 gallons in tank to test