82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

HELP STUCK WHEEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Default HELP STUCK WHEEL

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO GET A STUCK WHELL OF OF MY IROC I WENT TO CHANGE THE BRAKES TODAY AND COULDNT GET THE DRIVER SIDE RIM OFF THAT ***** IS STUCK GOOD ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET IT OFF WITHOUT TAKING A SLEDGE HAMMER TO IT

Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
Default RE: HELP STUCK WHEEL

I hate when that happens! Your wheel corroded and welded itself to the hub. Have you tried giving it a swift kick? Make sure the car is well supported,lay on your back with your feet facing the back side of the tire, raise your leg and let the foot fly. Make sure the foot hits flat on the tire so you don't hurt yourself.If it's still stubborn, you may want to soak penetrating oil (I like PB Blaster) between the wheel and center hub. If and when it starts to give, you can rotate the tire 180 degrees to hit the opposite end. After it's off, clean all the built up corrosion off the axle hub and wheel.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Droid
Default RE: HELP STUCK WHEEL

Old trick, loosen up the lug nuts, but don't remove them. Drive the car around the block a few times, driving like a slalom skier. That should loosen up the wheel without beating up on it.