82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

fuel pump to sending unit fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default fuel pump to sending unit fitting?

I pulled the fuel pump today after diagnosing that it was faulty or so I thought. When I pulled the sending unit I started to inspect all the parts before disasembly and I noticed that the hose that connects the pump to the sending unit was cracked. I didn't like the characteristics of the hose it looked like a big vacuum hose and it was secured with plastic clamps just like the ones on low pressure lines. I didn't think that this setup looked to be factory so I pulled a tank from my 86 Iroc parts car and it has a plastic connector with two orange pieces of rubber in it that the pump and the sending unit slid into. I would like to know if my 89 Iroc 305 tpi is supposed to have the same connector and if so what is it called and where can I get one. I also found another problem someone has cut allthe metal lines on the sending unit and reconnected them with rubber hoses and clamps I don't know why there is no hole cut in the floor pan so they didn't pull the pump up through the floor. Anyway what can I do about the high pressure line I want to do away with the rubber hose and clamps. One more question there are four lines on the sending unit high pressur ,vent,return,and another line that I am not familiar with, how do you know which line connects to gether I know that the high pressure line and the vent are connected properly but I am unsure of the other two. I marked the lines when I removed them but I am unsure if the last person who removed the tank installed them correctly. I know this is alot of questions to answer but if any can help me I would greatly appeciate itI would like to install the tank this weekend.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: fuel pump to sending unit fitting?

The thing with the orange rubbers in it is a thing that cuts cown on noise. If it still fits snugg that can be reused or the hose with the plastic clamps come with a replacment pump. If you want to replce the rubber hoses get some earls lines and hard line adapters. If ever needed the hose can be replaced with the use of the reusable fittings.
Check out www.amstreetrod.com