82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

drifting...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default drifting...

i wanna know whats the best way to set up a v8 camaro for drifting. now i mean either lt1 or ls1 cuz i dont have one yet but im deffinatley getting a 4th gen. im getting one next month and im gonna get whatever i can afford. either way im getting a v8. o 6 speed btw. anyways i know most people on here think drifting is for ricers but look at the top cars in it. a viper, gto, mustangs, obviously domestics rule at this sport. anyways i wanna know wahts the best way to set one up for drifting. what kind of suspension parts, where to get them, is there enough power stock. any advice will help thanx.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:51 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: drifting...

What type of vehicles have you been drifting in? Obviously RWD is best but, you need more rear end weight. The vehicles you have been doing this in will better determine the type you should buy. And the style of drifting you do will determine the mods you will need. So, what vehicles have you used before. Wet pad or dry? burm or flat?

Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 AM
2nd Gear member

im pretty sure he meant he wanted to get into drifting, Not that he has been drifting before....
and Btw post about fourth gens in the fourth gen section, mk bud?

And watch dropping that M word around here when you say "top cars"

Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 PM

Hell, I just take my stock 1983 with a 305 out to a parking lot and it will get around pretty good. If you do it right you can do a circle with your frontend pointing perfect at someone standing in the middle of your circle. Dumb I know but my brother had to have pictures.