82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

Deleting Emissions in TPI(help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Default Deleting Emissions in TPI(help)

Ok whats the purpose of the emissions?my country police dont care about emissions and all that stuff so im thinking of deleting them they are annoying taking too much space in engine bay,my car is 1992 camaro with 350ci TPI anyone can help me with how to delete emissions from TPI i will be thankfull,and there is a pulley under A/C that have to be gone too right? i want some pictures and some informations how to delete emissions and is it good or bad thing to make?

Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Deleting Emissions in TPI(help)

What do yoy need the extra space for? Most of the stuff under the hood is to make your TPI work.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:47 PM

I dont want the space,i just dont want to see the ugly emission pipes going around and down in my engine bay

Old 04-14-2007, 07:34 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

ive heard two things that the tubes are removable, and others say they arent. i think that it depends on the year. if yours are, just remove them and get endcaps to go on the manifold. as for the air pump, if you have the serpentine system (sounds like it), you will need a different sized belt

i already have the pump on mine removed, and the rest is going when i start working on the engine.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 AM

microkidthank you alot,today im working on it and yes its removal from the exhaust manifold but where the black pipes go?i cant see where they goes after they cross the heads back of the engine and can you please show me a picture of your exhaust manifold and a picture of ur pulleys i want to see how it will look like after i remove the air pump

Old 04-15-2007, 11:31 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

How often do you have to get the car tested for emmissions? The cops dont care because its not thier job to, not when it comes to emissions. If you fail the test and drive the car anyways, that is when they start to care.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

im not 100% on where they go, but it should just go to the other side, and i know another goes to the cat(s) to pump air in there. your belt system will look different than mine. my alternator is on the passenger top, a/c on driver's top and ps pump on driver's bottom. the air pump was on the passenger bottom, and looks better without it. it also took off about 20 lbs of weight.

i will get pics when the nor'easter moves outta here

Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

How often do you have to get the car tested for emmissions? The cops dont care because its not thier job to, not when it comes to emissions. If you fail the test and drive the car anyways, that is when they start to care.
My dear bro the cops dont even care about what engine ur running,they check the chassis for rust,brake if they are good or not and noisy cars with aftermarket muffler(s)

microkid yeah they are diffrent but thnx anyway im 95% done now i just need a belt that fit thnx guys

Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

the black pipe goes from the pass. side to the driver side exuast manifold.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM

yeah i got that pipe deleted too thnx anyway

Quick Reply: Deleting Emissions in TPI(help)