82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

could use some help !1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Default could use some help !1

hey, guy got a problem - picked up a brand new round trackoil pan cheap. it has the kick out and trap door as baffels . it sb 350 pan .i've been told it will not work on my 1978 350 Camaro?? back in the day 60's -70's I would have Y'AL RIGHT . But I'm not about to use it if It could cause damage to my engine. This is were I have are hard time understanding being told not to use it. just WHAT is it about this round track pan that I'm being told not to use it??? if it holds oil and fits and the pick-up fits and ect. What is wrong here. Come on guys help a old guy out.
I have a oldchromeddeep pan I builtand chromed years ago ( 40yrs. ago,worked at Westinghouse) it was on my first Camaro (1967) so help out guys

Old 01-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: could use some help !1

Outside of physically fitting on the car it depends on how you plan to use the car. Round track racing forces the oil tothe rightside of the pan, and the pan is baffled in such a way to prevent the oil from doing that. For street use it probably makes little difference, but for dracg racing the pan has to be baffled to keep the oil from rushing to the rear of the engine. The whole idea is to keep the oil where the oil pump pick up is located.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Default RE: could use some help !1

z28 pete that's just what i thought . no way will this camaro race . this is my old womans car (yes i did pay for it , but it's still her car) my race car sitin the barn next to hers. my 1967 camaro rat is waiting for my grand-son to hit 18 and the 78 will go to my grand-daughter after my wife gets to drive some???
got to pull the 460cid out the 67 and replace it with 355 that is why i need answers to the pan guestions
pete thanks alot