82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

91 camaro rs

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 PM
god
Default 91 camaro rs

Hey guys i just bought a 91 camaro rs from a friend at work. it was actually his moms! i paid 350 bucks for it. The reason i got it so cheap is that she got into a fender bender and just didnt want to put any money into it. it needs a new hood, driver side quarter panel and front bumper w/groundfx. i found all that stuff on ebay for 500 bucks. it has a little body rust and needs to be repainted but it drives like a champ.now i need some advice on redoing the entire suspension. i have no idea where to start. thanx in advance for the advice.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 91 camaro rs

welcome to the world of camaros, never look back Now as far as supension, theres alot of choices with our cars, as far as stock, the shocks and bushings are pretty cheap, now springs is a whole different story, air shocks are also extremely cheap for our cars. or if you want something more for handling theres a whole wide range, let us know what your looking for and im sure we can point you in the right direction.

while your doing your suspension upgrade you might also want to hook your self up with a set of subframe connectors to get rid of the body flex, just let us know your budget and what you want and someone can give you the right stuff for your setup.

and rember never look back

Old 07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

'91 RSs seem to be very popular on this forum . . . wait, what color is it?

If you want a nice all-in-one package, Hotchkis sells a complete suspension package through YearOne.com that goes for around $1500, and it'll replace most of the stuff you'd want to upgrade.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Sorry, can't resist . . .

HI GOD!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
god

My car is blue and i was looking at pst for my suspension. its polygraphite front end kits for 179 for the camaro and includes control arm bushings, strut rod bushings, stabalizer link kits, ball joints, outer tie rod ends, and control arm bushings. they also have springs for 95 a pair. they are on the back of the chevy performance mag. ...hi turtle

Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Overdrive Member

I had the PST stuff in my 84 Z28 with Hotchkis rear control arms and Kuhmo high performance summer tire. The car had very little movement in the suspension. It was tight! The tires had stiff side walls. You could not bounce the car. I also had KYB struts and shocks. The car stuck like glue in corners. But was a hard ride. Hit a pot hole and since nothing would give it would send you towards the next lane. But if you can live with a harder ride then go for it. The Poly Graphite is the way to go as opposed to urethane as the graphite is self lubricating.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:46 PM
god

Yeah pst sells a package that im going to buy for now it just has the basics then ill slowly work on evrything else. what do you guys suggest for shocks?