Ugh still isnt acting right

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

oh and its not metric its a 5/16 standard

Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

oh boy that mechanical fuel pump has been working overtime to suck fuel through the electric pump, that is unless the electric one is still working. you may be looking at pulling the tank to look for issues. have you checked the fuel pressure with a gage?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 AM
In the Staging Lanes

the electric pump works... and no not yet... ive been reading other posts and have come to the conclusion that i need one lol... i am fixing to start going to school for all this stuff--except they dont teach about carbs anymore... wish this wouldve waited to give me probs till march or sumthin lol. i would have all the tools i need then but right now i dont even have a miniscule socket set :\ lost all my tools and such when business went bad with the home remodeling down here. so gotta start fresh... i will get a fuel pressure gauge when i get paid thursday so i guess until then im stuck with my 2 feet lol... will keep yall posted of anything new. if yall can think of anything else please let me know as i am a newbie when it comes to carbs :\ thanks

Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Since you have a working electric pump and regulator, bypass the mechanical pump completely, you don't need both. Although I don't see the electric pump feeding the mechanical one as being your problem, other than the high pressure maybe someday blowing out the mechanical pump.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

that being a holley,missing float bowl bolt wouldnt it be pouring fuel out hole,have you pulled out plugs on float bowls to check fuel level,have you pumped throttle while looking down carb should see two streams are you using intank fuel pump if so try disabling it [relay or fuse] not sure if fuel will flow with it off but id try it.and if not remove it,when engine quits look down carb see if fuel is leaking if not try pumping while looking

Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Its a top bolt thats missing so it doesnt pour fuel out when not driving... But cant even get it to stay running long enough to do any adjustments or anything... N rite now i dnt have the money to do anything to it cuz i gotta bs *** job :\ i have the intank electric pump thats feeding the mechanical cause i dont know how to reroute the fuel lines to disable the mechanical... But also have a fpr on there so i kno its not the fuel pressure... When i have some time this wknd i will check into what ur saying though and will post to let know what its doin

Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

probly not but ever considered a major vac leak making it suck too much air?

Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by forevverlost
probly not but ever considered a major vac leak making it suck too much air?

no never even thought about that... how should i check that?

Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so i had a bad battery in my car and just got the one i originally had in it back... started it up and it ran a few seconds and then died... was able to pull it into my driveway so i could tinker with it easier and i think there is a problem with the mixture but im not for sure... when it chokes out i hear kinda a hissing sound come from the carb like theres excess air??? need to get this problem fixed before the 17th so that i can make it back and forth to school and work :\

Old 01-06-2011, 04:35 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

check the pvc valve. try this but be carefull put some gas in a bottle and get someone to try to start it while you feed it a small amount of gas down the carb, if this keeps it running you have a gas shortage. float stuck or the filter at the fuel line connection on the carb may be plugged.

Quick Reply: Ugh still isnt acting right