Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Question

Today on my way back from night school i was gona make a left turn and i thought to my self that i wanted to drift cuz it was raining. so when i turned i stepped on it and i drifted it was fun untill the whole *** of my car swung out of control. i swung so much that i was facing on coming trafic hahaha it was not funny at the time though then i kind of went backwards, and then my car turned off but the lights and radio was still on. i tried pushing it but of course i cannot move it myself 3rd gen are heavy. well i went in the car and prayed and tried to turn it on again a couple of times and then finaly it turned on. is there anything i need to worry about now that this happend?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Question

ORIGINAL: kickboxer

Today on my way back from night school i was gona make a left turn and i thought to my self that i wanted to drift cuz it was raining. so when i turned i stepped on it and i drifted it was fun untill the whole *** of my car swung out of control. i swung so much that i was facing on coming trafic hahaha it was not funny at the time though then i kind of went backwards, and then my car turned off but the lights and radio was still on. i tried pushing it but of course i cannot move it myself 3rd gen are heavy. well i went in the car and prayed and tried to turn it on again a couple of times and then finaly it turned on. is there anything i need to worry about now that this happend?
Yeah
Causing and accident and hurting some one!

Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member

lol i mean to like my car, forget the people jk there was no one out andit was at night.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
3rd Gear Member

1) Stop driving like a jackass until you KNOW how to control your car. This isnt some 95 HP FWD Jap compact your driving. Practice this kind of stuff in an open parking lot first. Thats the problem with you young'uns today! You watch some stupid *** Tokyo drift movie and you all think its easy. Special effects are amazing, arent they! Secondly, its not drifting. A Camaro FISHTAILS! Thats what we called it in the 80's, and damnit, so will you if you want ANY respect around here. Riceburners drift, American muscle fishtails.

2) You 'stalled' your car. You never mentioned if it was carbed or FI. Either way, the sudden jolt can trip sensors or inturrupt fuel flow enough to shut off the car. Dont worry, you didnt cause any damage, other than the stain in your pants. (I pulled a very same stunt in my first V8 Plymouth about 15 years ago. I was staring dead at an oncoming 18 wheeler....luckily I had enough sense to jam her into reverse and hop up onto a curb before becoming a 2000 pound hood ornament)

3) We are here to help. Some of us old timers will give you crap just for fun, we have nothing better to do....[:-]

Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 PM
March 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: ScottD

3) We are here to help. Some of us old timers will give you crap just for fun, we have nothing better to do....[:-]
oh what i would LOVE to say about that...

Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

lol ok thanks

Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: kickboxer

hahah lol sounds like me the other night but i hit a curb and had a blow out and my first experiment with how light the rearends on these camaros was i wasnt paying attention on a bend in the road got distracted by ppl i knew and i hopped on a curb came back down over corrected and fishtailed out of control into a brick wall and all nearly ended my life with a 20 ft flag pole luck had it that i had the hand of God help me threw VERY narrow trees a flag pole and trees ! all i could see flashing and ringing in my head was my day would always say as we go driving in the town.....trees dont move....trees dont move....trees DONT move!...not fun at all ....learned my lesson the hard way!