Skip White Aluminum Throttle Bracket

Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Skip White Aluminum Throttle Bracket

Here's another thread on one of Skip White's products. This one is for his aluminum throttle cable bracket and stainless throttle cable.

Name:  001-14.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  135.3 KB

I went with the two tone red and blue bracket, however he also has a blue and polished version available at the same price.

Throttle bracket:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THROT...Q5fAccessories

Throttle cable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-IN...Q5fAccessories

The bracket setup retails for $27.50 plus shipping, and the cable goes for $18.50 plus shipping. Each are priced less than half of the bigger brands like Transdapt, Lokar, and Jegs.

My initial impression of the bracket is so/so. Fitment is perfect with my Holley Street Avenger and Weiand Stealth intake manifold. The included mini nuts are a very nice touch. Everything assembles well with the included stainless steel hardware and the bracket functions exactly as it should. This is a HUGE step up from the Spectre brand chrome steel throttle bracket I was previously running.

I was slightly disappointed with the powder coat finish on the bracket. The colors are a little off from the colors you would find on your anodized fittings. With that said I believe an anodized finish would be much better suited to this product.

However, for the price I'm not complaining in the least. The bracket does exactly as its supposed to and still looks good sitting on top of the intake.

I know many of you are wondering if the bracket is compatible with the 700R4's TV cable. The kit does not come with the proper adapter to be a direct bolt on with a 700R4, however you can easily modify it to work. I used the adapter for the stock GM throttle cable and enlarged the opening with a Dremel. This allowed for the stock style TV cable to be securely fastened to the bottom of the throttle bracket. If you plan on using your stock throttle cable and not Skip's cable (or another aftermarket cable), this solution does not apply to you.

Another option is to purchase the correct TV cable adapter from Jegs or Summit.

As far as the stainless steel throttle cable goes, it appears to be a high quality replacement for your aged, melted, or torn up stock GM cable.

One of my biggest concerns was whether or not the bracket would work with a drop base air filter. My 14x3" Holley filter fits very well with absolutely no clearance issues.

I would definitely recommend this setup to someone who wants a more attractive and secure way to harness their throttle, but can't justify the $100+ for a name brand setup.

Here's some more pictures:

Name:  008-8.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  108.3 KB
Name:  011-7-1.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  104.6 KB
Name:  007-10.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  107.1 KB
Name:  006-12.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  58.4 KB

Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Pretty slick, and not a bad price either. Those colors don't float my boat though, I'd be opting for the polished version.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:58 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Pretty slick, and not a bad price either. Those colors don't float my boat though, I'd be opting for the polished version.
Exactly, that's my biggest gripe about the piece. I may paint it or have it powder coated black. Only problem with having it powder coated is that it will quickly make up the price difference between this piece and a more expensive one, although I can't imagine it costing more than $10-$20 bucks to have it powder coated.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

My first impression when looking at it was, what's with the bluebird egg blue? Yuk!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

It's a little darker than the pictures show, but I'm definitely not thrilled with it the color. I can live with it though. I will try contacting Skip to see if they can maybe change them up a little bit.