tbi
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

opinions are a must....fuel delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 PM
2nd Gear member
Default opinions are a must....fuel delivery

as im not sure which is easier to swap in or if there is even a difference in difficulty i resort to you guys to help me decide. i want to convert my carb'd 305 to fuel injection but im not sure if i should go tpi or tbi. which is easier to swap in? if they are the same difficulty then im going to assume that tpi would get me more power right?

Old 01-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Ninja Administrator

i believe tbi is easier to swap in. but why are you looking to do this? what is the goal you have in mind?

Old 01-24-2009, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear member

i want to get away from carburation. a little extra power would be nice if i can get it but not too too concerned with that. i've seen both complete units in a junkyard close to me that i might go ahead and pick up. im just trying to get a feel as to which one i should go for

Old 01-24-2009, 02:32 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Stay carbed if power is your goal. You are going to get expensive trying to swap out to TBI or TPI and your not going to get any thing out of it. Why do you think some guys running set ups like that go back to a carb. Plus you will need the hole 9 yards ECU, injectors, harness, manifold, ect. Unless you have a full parts car then place your money into a good intake manifold and getting your 4 barrel dialed in right. Might be a better way to go.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear member

i want to get away from carb. power isnt my main goal just if i get more power out of it then thats cool. i just want the fuel injection.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell

What is it that you have against carb though?Why do you want to get away from it? I dont see what you would gain period by going to fuel injected. You could also find another tpi car for the same price as the change over. You pretty much wont even notice the difference except a lighter wallet. You will have to replace the whole top of your motor plus your computer if I am not mistaken. but if you really want to I would have to say tbi is the easier route.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear member

i guess mostly im just looking for something to do since my carb is in need of a rebuild and i dont really want to rebuild a carb. i might be trading my camaro for a 91 with a five speed later this week so i might get away from this

Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM
March 2008 ROTM

tune port is FAR more efficient than TBI or carb. its easy to tune once you know what your doing. better gas mileage out of it too. it will run better, start easier ( than carb at least) and yield more HP and TQ, though not oodles and oodles worth

Old 01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Ninja Administrator

im a big believer in EFI as far as power goes. ive seen how specific the AFR needs to be for max hp, and a carb can never be as precise as an EFI system.

many people switch over to carb for the bigger applications because of the extreme conditions and the ease of repair and use, as well as the ease of supplying demands for a high hp engine vs FI

Old 01-25-2009, 09:11 PM

Depending on if u can get a tpi setup for a good price with harness and comps for either ur auto or manual setup will be ur best bet.

Quick Reply: opinions are a must....fuel delivery