not sure were to post this

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Default not sure were to post this

I have a 1991 Z28 that i am eliminating the tpi and whole computer setup. I am putting a worked 350 in it that is carburated. My ? is what do i have to do to eliminate the abs. Could i use the brakes setup from an older camaro without abs or could i modify the one i have now?

Old 03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Default RE: not sure were to post this

Maybe just taking the ABS fuse out would work. That worked on my Cadillac Seville.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

How much do you want for the TPI setup?

Old 03-24-2007, 12:15 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I am not sure, butI think the ABS is independent of the motor with the exeption of the vacume hose that you may need to feed to tha carb instead of where it is on the TPI set up.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear member

elminating the abs would require removing all the ABS components (the module and pump assembly) and running new lines. but once done you'll have to take the bulb out of the cluster because the light will stay on.the ABS is independent of the engine computer.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 PM
4th Gear Member

To my knowledge there was NO ABS (anti-locking braking system) installed on any 3rd gen car. What I think youmean by the ABSis the light for the (Air Bag System)which I assume is not conected to the computer (ECM).

Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 PM

another ? i was just disconecting the wire harness in the motor bay, one end of it goes into the firewall by the master cylinder its a big square, i cant get it disconnected. when i go in the car and look under the dash the wires go up in the dash and to the back of the car for the fuel pump i guess. If i remove all this wiring will my lights, brake lights ,blinkers, back up lights, power windows and power hatch still work. or will i have to rewire everything. and how do i get that big block disconnected that goes thru the firewall. also im assuming my whole gauge cluster will not work, ill have to by all new gauges and wire individually

Old 03-24-2007, 09:05 PM

hurley i have know idea what its worth so i dont know what to ask for the setup. This may be a stupid ? but what does the tpi setup include? Manifold,computer? I wont be using anything i take out of the car. I know the motor hasnt been started in 2 years and when i put a battery in the car it cranks but wont turn over. I also know all the gauges work at least they move when power is applied to them. the only part from the drivetrain im keeping is the tranny. the motor and rear will be sold

Old 03-25-2007, 01:56 AM
2nd Gear member

the wiring block by the master cylinder goes straight to the fuse block. that harness will need to stay there. all the EFI wiring is on the other side by the HVAC box. all those wires (less the ones for the heater) can be removed. but the other harness is for your headlamps, parking lamps ,alternator, gauges and such.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey yellow i'll definatley buy the tpi setup off you. If you wanna go directly just email me on here and we'll talk about it, or just put it up on ebay and ill try to bid on it. The setup should include: the intake, runners, plenum, trottle body, air intake assembly, wiring harness, distributer, and any other sensors. On ebay the're raning anywhere from $150-300. Let me know, cuz i was considering doing this swap. Thanks.

Quick Reply: not sure were to post this