Neon LED lights? Making my camaro a ricer???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Neon LED lights? Making my camaro a ricer???

What do you think if i was to put LED neon lights under the chasie. Do you think it would make it a ricer! Thats the only thing im doing to it besides fog lights .

Old 05-06-2007, 02:55 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Neon LED lights? Making my camaro a ricer???

LEDs, IMO, are for ricers and look tacky.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Droid

My sentiments, exactly.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
March 2007 ROTM

i think they will compliment the ricer look if you have other ricer things on it. but if its just the lights then no. as long as they are not pulsating. also, do any of you older guysrecall putting lights in your wheel wells when you were kids, like in the 60's or 70's. my dad told me people did this back then. i don't know if it's true.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I kinda have to agree. They take away from the authenticy of the muscle car look. I could see it working on a fourth gen car though, but only one with a muscled refined aftermarket hood, and nice ground effects.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

Hell yes! Put them on! They will look good with your clamp on muffler tip, your bolt on spoiler, the 'carbon fiber look alike' air vents and my personal favorite, the A.R.E. colored seat belts. Dont forget the Japanese symbol decals on your front q-panel!

(Sorry dude. I live in a small town where most of the kids dont know a thing about cars and think they are the **** by adding on every PepBoys stick on item they can find!)

DONT put the lights on. Leave that for the ricers.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:53 PM
2nd Gear member

its funny this topic comes up. i have one of these LED kits on my car, pro installed myself (is a joke ya? haha). anyways it has seven different colors and a ****load of patterns and it even has sound sensitive mode so the lights get brighter the louder it is at the mic. it is definately Rice im not gonna lie, but it never gets old to the non car folk. hypnotizin people and****

Old 05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear member

i cant recomend it though. as cool as they look in red, blueor green, its still rice and only cool to people who dont know cars.i hardly use them anyways.choice is yours if you have throwaway money.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: FunkyColdMedina

What do you think if i was to put LED neon lights under the chasie. Do you think it would make it a ricer! Thats the only thing im doing to it besides fog lights .
LED and Neon are two different things. You even have the mentality of a ricer.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey DONT HATE IT was a question and i didnt think you would know what led lights i was talking about because you KNOW that LED come in THOUSANDS of THINGS RIGHT?? so yeah it was a question and i think it looks cool because i have a maui blue camaro and put green fog lights on the front and it looked really good at night so i was thinking about adding the led lights.

........THe only DUmb question is one that is not asked!

Quick Reply: Neon LED lights? Making my camaro a ricer???