my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Default my car

ok i need to know some stuff about my car...
its a 1992 camaro rs with brand new 305 moter just put in it with prolly 3000 miles on it. it has 4.11 gears. its in good shape a couple dings and dents but not bad how much is my car worth? i bought it for 3000 and i think i can get more out of it how much is it worth??

and also how can i get more hp out of the car?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

First off its a engine not a motor and second why do you want to know how much you can get for it? it is a beautiful piece of muscle so keep it. The fastest and easiest way to get hp is to do a cold air intake. The best way is to add a supercharger but you are looking at over 6k easly for a good one of those. so a cam is usually a good spot to start.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:10 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by newtocamaros
First off its a engine not a motor and second why do you want to know how much you can get for it? it is a beautiful piece of muscle so keep it. The fastest and easiest way to get hp is to do a cold air intake. The best way is to add a supercharger but you are looking at over 6k easly for a good one of those. so a cam is usually a good spot to start.
CAI...

Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 PM

well i want to know how much i can get out of it b.c i need money im a deer hunter and i cant really put a deer in my car. and so what do u think just a mild cam?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by weman098
well i want to know how much i can get out of it b.c i need money im a deer hunter and i cant really put a deer in my car. and so what do u think just a mild cam?
So wait, you want to do some modifications, and then sell it? You won't get back the money you would have just put into it. And you would have to spend a bit of money to make that 305 perform semi-decent. Just a cam isn't going to do a whole hell of a lot because the intake runner design on your heads are chokers, and they can't be made better. If you need to sell the car, sell it the way it is. To get the most for it, the best you can do is get the car in as nice a shape as possible.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 AM

i mean i dont want to sell it but i just want to see how much i can get out of it i will just get an old beater to drive this winter but a cam is a start i guess. it already has 4'11 gears

Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear member

You dont make alot of sense. Soooo are you selling it or not, make up your mind. Cam it up first. Then redo the exhaust, and stop killing deers plz.

P.s. Nice sig JR

Old 09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I'm corn-fused. You first asked about what the Camaro is worth because you can't stuff any deer corpses in the car. Then you don't want to sell it? If you're even considering selling it, don't waste putting a lot of extra money into the car. If you want to put a cam in it, fine. But to allow the engine to breathe and make a noticeable difference, headers, better flowing exhaust, and different heads are wanted.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

So do tell us, how do you know you have 4.11's?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:45 PM

ok im not going to sell it. i wont stop killin deer =] i live to hunt!i have eldebrock exhaust. when my engine took a crap they guy i sent it to to put the new engine in it tuned it up. he said they r 4'11 gears and the guy i bought it from said they were in it also. i dont know alot about cars as u can c b.c half the time i dont know what im talking about im tryin to learn so try to take it easy on please