Lights won't turn off! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Default Lights won't turn off! Help!

Okay, the craziest thing just happened... long story short I was just on a high speed chase with the police, like an idiot I turned into an unfamiliar neighborhood driving with the lights off after realizing that was suicide I turned them back on, still gunnin it... came to my senses and pulled into some random driveway in an attempt to play it off but after I turned off my ignition and pulled out the keys THE ****ING LIGHTS WOULDN'T GO OFF! Now I'm sitting there looking stupid as hell and bright as day.

Specs: 91 Camaro RS
Diagnoses: The lever (pull & push) won't turn my lights on or off anymore, they're stuck in a on position, it works for the interior lights when I twist it far left or right; as well as for the lights on the speedometer and whatnot. I currently have my battery unplugged until I can find a resolution.

P.S: After they pulled me out the car at gun point they let me go LOL! And the officers name was, Mr. Means. How ****ing ironic, luckiest break ever, true story.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
1st Gear Member

sounds like KARMA...........

Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 AM

how did you get out of that one?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I had a problem like that as well except i was running from rednecks and i could not get mine to come back on. they still dont.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

So lemme get this straight? You were involved in a HIGH SPEED CHASE, you hid from the cops, you were pulled out at gunpoint for a felony stop and you just walked away???

Bull****.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I second Scotty on this one, I smell Bull****

Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????

Can someone give me a bump on Ghetto star??

Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Droid

Not to worry, the lights will eventually go out.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by z28pete
Not to worry, the lights will eventually go out.
I've made sure of it, have to unplug the damn battery everytime I get out!

But seriously, maybe I exaggerated the story, I know it's unbelievable but it really happened. It was a chase all of 5 minutes if not less to be exact. It started with me and one cop... flew down a major street in the county, dipped off into a neighborhood making turn and turn. By the time he finally found me there were two more cops pulling up. After he made me get out he just checked my license and said, "You know I could bust you right? Don't ever do that **** again". It was a black cop if that makes more sense, I'm black as well, maybe he was giving me the break of my life cause I didn't know the deep **** I had really put myself into? gg

So does anyone have any real answers? What steps should I take from this point or how I should go around getting under the dash and into headlamp column?

Last edited by jackrabbit_slim; 09-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Droid

Unless there is a short to another hot wire. there is a good chance you broke the light switch.

Quick Reply: Lights won't turn off! Help!