Interior repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Default Interior repair

Does anyone know the easiest way or the nicest to the wallet way to either replace or repair the interior in a 92 RS? ive got some rips and cracks and i need to either repair or replace. and i cant decide which to do.

Also the shifting panel with the gear indicator is basically trash now and i need a new one of those, any suggestions? Im new at restoring cars and im only 16 so i dont have a whole lot of money.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Go to your local junk yard with a screwdriver

Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 AM
2nd Gear member

You're pretty lucky to have a 92 camaro at your age. If you haven't done so already, pick up a part time job. That will speed things up alittle in getting parts. You're on the right track guy!

Old 03-28-2009, 01:59 PM

thanks, but its not easy just going to my local junkyard cause i live in Juneau, Alaska and its not easy to do that stuff. And yeah, ive been looking for a job but no one is hiring or something so thats why i asked if there was an easier way to repair or replace the interior.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:38 PM

im in the process of restoring a completely gutted 85 z28 t-top, its expensive even with a full time job. its shocking how much something you see everyday can cost... new headliner with sail panels and visors about $300

Old 03-29-2009, 03:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 91_Camaro_RS
Go to your local junk yard with a screwdriver

This is the "lowest budget" method to get plug and play parts.

The other cheap method would be to do research on the web, and then do the fabric repair yourself.

Plastic parts will have to come from a junkyard, a restoration part vendor or e-bay.

The last two are more expensive than the first, but have a lot more selection.

There are no easy and cheap ways unfortunately.

Good luck with fixing up your ride.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:30 PM

i cheated when i did my 85, the seats were leather and i got a cheap pair of vinyl seat covers and a pair of pliers and some upholstery hooks and re covered them my self lots of work but less $

Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 PM

thanks bowtie, ill have to look into that

Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 AM
1st Gear Member

i cheated on my t top headliner.

i took the tattered pieces of mine and the car to an interior shop and had them make a custom one with reg black fabric for $125

Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 PM

I scored a like new interior from a berlinetta off a guy on CL about a month ago -- front and rear seats (no tears or discoloration), sail panels, clean interior carpet, seat belts, plastic, door panels (1 has a crack in the plastic when it was pulled), center console (crack but in a hidden area though), clean headliner and a dashpad (no cracks!) all for ... wait for it.......$275! (I feel like a thief, but he just wanted it gone)

Quick Reply: Interior repair