Gotta buy a new car this week. %*&!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:49 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Gotta buy a new car this week. %*&!!

My 82 Z28 is sitting in my 2 car garage, nose up in the air getting her suspension redone. The other side is my air compresser, discarded parts and empty beer cans. I usualy fire up the kerosene heater 2 hours before hitting the garage to break the sub zero chill. I know what you mean by lazy....I just did my waterpump after watching it leak from the block, for the last year. I was gonna upgrade the belt system but I have to spend my money on something else....but we have beaten that issue to death now.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: ScottD

Cause it makes Mike and 350 happy when bad things happen to me. [:-]
You got that right!
Sorry I have not been here. Just now, this very hour, got back from the hospital getting a new defibrillator implanted. This post brought the first smile to my face.

If your ride is so good to you it may just pay off to get a new tranny. Not one of foords rebuilt. We got one of their crappy rebuilt and after the dealer could not fixe it on the third time they left the drive shaft loose and it came off and tore up all the repair work I had done on the bedside and dually fendeds.
But you should get a good warranty with a new trans. My GM Goorwrench (GM rebuilt) I put in my 84 Z28 had a 3 year/36,000 mile warenty.

And for you guys commenting how this is the wrong section.
Where are you when some one post items for sale in a discussion section. You are there posting comments and question. Some of those guys are making money off the free advertsment and/or making multiple post.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

And for you guys commenting how this is the wrong section.
Where are you when some one post items for sale in a discussion section. You are there posting comments and question. Some of those guys are making money off the free advertsment and/or making multiple post.
Well I would be there but the time I show up you already have them verbally beaten half to death! It doesnt really matter to me if he posts this here. Like I said I respect him, you, 350 and camaro69. All of you guys have kept my ride running since I have joined. but I know if it had been one of us new guys you would have made us cry to our mommas buy now [&:]

I was just saying camaroboi was right but he definitely brought it up the wrong way. He should have been nicer considering all the help you guys give. I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers with my comment. I did however make fun of that dude that posted in all caps and huge letters like a ******, Bonus points anyone?

As for that tranny, I could always send you some bowtie stickers if you want to see that tranny magically start running. Or maybe some
gm labels? oooo or better yet you could always take all of labels off and maybe it will forget its a mazda and start working for you

or even better the new 2010 camaro base price is said to be 22.9k if you can hold out til october. Hah see I brought it back suckers, yeah!

Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Overdrive Member

Well he could take a page from the old Rat Rods. Ya ever go to the hot rod shows and the majority of the old 30s' foord coupes have small block Chevys' in them. Just adapt a GM tranny to it and when the motor takes a poo (which would be soon I'm sure) then there is that much less to put a Chevy motor in it.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mike, thanks for the sound, logical advice. [8D]

Hope your new defibulasmogulator works out for you. Can you port and polish that thing?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 PM
March 2008 ROTM

hell if hes gonna P&P it then he might as well turbo it too! CHYEA!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Overdrive Member

Oh this thing already has the latest and greatest. Not only is it Wifi but is in a titanium case. Now this along with mt Carbon Fiber heart valve already shaved some time off my 1/4 mile [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM
March 2008 ROTM

next time your in get a NAWS sticker put on it.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: 350rs

next time your in get a NAWS sticker put on it.
NationalAssociation of Working Seniors???
I am not even old enough to be an AARP member. [8D]

Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 PM
March 2008 ROTM

... no idjit. NAWS, as in nitrous for the fast and the furious crowd.

Quick Reply: Gotta buy a new car this week. %*&!!