edelbrock performer intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default edelbrock performer intake

It doesnt have the coolant passage in the rear behind the carb that the stock one has. Is that a problem.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:01 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

is it an air gap. i switched to an airgap in my netter and didnt make it run hotter. works fine. had a regular performer on it befor that and it worked fine to.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:04 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

still have it if u havent bought one yet.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I got it already thanks. I dont think its air gap. But thanks for the answer was just worried I would have to rip it off again. Thanks.

what will the coolant do now that the passage is blocked?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:36 AM
March 2008 ROTM

not go that way.. lol

Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Mesosneaky
what will the coolant do now that the passage is blocked?
I take it you're talking about the crossover that passes underneath the carb? That's there to help warm up the carb, primarily in the winter. For a summer car, it's much better to have it blocked off because it keeps the carb cooler. In the winter, it'll take a little longer for the carb to warm up, but the good outweighs the bad. With it blocked off, the coolant will do nothing there. You're not blocking off any vital coolant flow, it just normally goes from one head to the other to warm the manifold.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
I take it you're talking about the crossover that passes underneath the carb? That's there to help warm up the carb, primarily in the winter. For a summer car, it's much better to have it blocked off because it keeps the carb cooler. In the winter, it'll take a little longer for the carb to warm up, but the good outweighs the bad. With it blocked off, the coolant will do nothing there. You're not blocking off any vital coolant flow, it just normally goes from one head to the other to warm the manifold.

ok thanks. autozone gave me the wrong belt for my power steering so its super loose. my idle/timing is way off now too. im running alot richer and smoking alot more. I got everything on and running though.

The only good thing that came of this was the new water pump is keeping the temps soooo much lower.

hey gorn if you see this are you free tommorrow? I need help setting my timing and adjusting everything. I'll give you a call tomorrow after work case you dont see this.
thanks.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Sorry I missed your call, As a general rule I put my phone away Friday night and dont pick it up till Monday. I hate cell phones. I think its from when I use to be "on Call". I can stop by next weekend. Do you need the car this week or do you have other means of transportation?

PM me in the future. I general do not hand out in the third gen forums. I am in the forth gen area more these days.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Sorry I missed your call, As a general rule I put my phone away Friday night and dont pick it up till Monday. I hate cell phones. I think its from when I use to be "on Call". I can stop by next weekend. Do you need the car this week or do you have other means of transportation?

PM me in the future. I general do not hand out in the third gen forums. I am in the forth gen area more these days.
Ya its my only transportation. I'm trying not to take it over 35. I'll see what i can do in the meantime after work and such. I think I can fix the mixture but the timing Im not very good with.

witht he new water pump and manifold things had to be rigged...I'm looking at summit for new brackets and such now.

do u have a 4th gen?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Click on the link in my Sig.

Is the car missing or hesitating? Is it spark knocking?

Quick Reply: edelbrock performer intake