ecm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006 | 11:30 PM
|
1st Gear Member
Default ecm?

ok so i swaped my 305 tbi for a 350 tbi right. got all the plugs an wires back on go to start it an it wont fire. we sat around thinkin gof what it could have been. we at first thought the firing order was screwed up. so we went back and did it again. then we thought the timing on the dizz was wrong so we checked it again. then i made a post an some of you thought it could have been the computer so i got a new computer on fri. i just put it in an when i went to try to start it the motor seem like it was turning a little to easy.. well when i pluged the 350 computer in now the fuel injectors dont spray. (wtf) so i pulled the 350 computer out put the 305 one back in tryed to start it again.. now the injectors spray but after like 3 revolltions it stops crankin an fuel sprays out the throtle body again. so i take the 305 computer an the 350 computer set them next to each other an the plugs are the same but in different locations. plus on the 350 cumputer theres a big yellow plug that i dont have on my car? im so lost on wht this thing wont fire. i have fuel i have spark. but no pop of any sort. please help me try to figure this out..

oh by the way im not to good at spelling or telling storys. english wasnt one of my strong points in school. SORRY

Old 11-11-2006 | 11:39 PM
|
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ecm?

a buddy of my once swaped a LT1 in a olds when it came time for the computer he ordered a chip from chevy an he used he's caviler computer an pulled the chip out of it an put the LT1 chip he ordered in it........ will that work for my setup (computer) can i take the chip out of the 350 an put it in the 305?

Old 11-12-2006 | 02:15 AM
Overdrive Member

With the 305 computer it should run since all your other stuff came from the 305. The 350 comp will also need a knock sensor and ESC. Also fuel injectors for its full potential. Some of the pin locations may be off in your harness to match the 350 comp. Did you damage the wires or plugs on the distributor or coil? Is everything plugged back in?

Old 11-12-2006 | 02:44 AM
|
1st Gear Member

ya everythin got pluged back in axcept for one sensor on the passenger head. (lower part) theres a big sensor an theres a little on. the big one witch i know is for colant is pluged in but the little one isnt. on the 350 head there is a allen srew pluging the port. i didnt notice it till we had the motor in the car an it's really hard to get at it so i thought i could just leave it in there.

Old 11-12-2006 | 10:31 PM
|
1st Gear Member

anyone with some posable answers

Old 11-14-2006 | 10:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Ummm... how much spark do you have?