Dead...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

Haha the 911 and the R8 might be 2 or 3 tenths of second faster in the quarter and like you said the interior might be made with materials that a little better in quality, but not at the expense of $30,000 to $40,000 more.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Haha the 911 and the R8 might be 2 or 3 tenths of second faster in the quarter and like you said the interior might be made with materials that a little better in quality, but not at the expense of $30,000 to $40,000 more.
A little better? A lot better. The corvette is a plastic toy.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:59 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

200th goal now RS? lol

Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by RS camaro
Just because some one is dumb enough to give you that much doesn't mean its worth that.
Wrong. A car's value is exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. No more, no less.

When was the last time you got behind the wheel of a Corvette? So what if a few of the body panels are made of plastic? It's still a damn nice feeling to be there. But you wouldn't know that, would you?

Stop pulling the "it's not fair" bull, by the way. Going by engine displacement here, the Dodge Viper, with the 8.3L V10 in the current model, will run a quarter mile in 11.6 seconds for $90,000.

But the Bugatti Veyron, which has an 8L W16 engine with four turbochargers, will do it in 9.8 seconds. That car will run you around $2,000,000, though. It'll also cost you ~$300,000 a year just to keep it running.

On your income, which car would you rather buy?

Another example. I can walk into a BMW dealership tomorrow and drive an M3 home for $75,000. The best thing about it? Nobody gives a ****. Sure, it's got 400 hp, but nobody is ever going to give it a second look. Do what you will with it, it's boring. It's 15 feet of generic car.

I'd much rather walk into the Chevy dealership and bring home a Z06 Corvette. For $75,000, I'd have 505 hp to peel off the lot with, I could do circles around that BMW on the track, and get the thumbs-up and the waves from everybody I drive past, and when things do eventually start to go wrong, I won't pay out the nose to fix it like you will with the BMW.

Or, I could buy a 10-year old Honda Civic for $1000, spend another $15,000 making it look like this and then get constantly laughed at every minute I spend driving it while failing to outrun the middle-aged lady in the '76 Chevette in the next lane. And then crash it into a tree trying to show off to my girlfriend.

Which of those sounds like the best choice to you?

Why are you still posting here, anyway?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Saint Ebony
Wrong. A car's value is exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. No more, no less.

When was the last time you got behind the wheel of a Corvette? So what if a few of the body panels are made of plastic? It's still a damn nice feeling to be there. But you wouldn't know that, would you?

Stop pulling the "it's not fair" bull, by the way. Going by engine displacement here, the Dodge Viper, with the 8.3L V10 in the current model, will run a quarter mile in 11.6 seconds for $90,000.

But the Bugatti Veyron, which has an 8L W16 engine with four turbochargers, will do it in 9.8 seconds. That car will run you around $2,000,000, though. It'll also cost you ~$300,000 a year just to keep it running.

Another example. I can walk into a BMW dealership tomorrow and drive an M3 home for $75,000. The best thing about it? Nobody gives a ****. Sure, it's got 400 hp, but nobody is ever going to give it a second look. Do what you will with it, it's boring. It's 15 feet of generic car.

I'd much rather walk into the Chevy dealership and bring home a Z06 Corvette. For $75,000, I'd have 505 hp to peel off the lot with, I could do circles around that BMW on the track, and get the thumbs-up and the waves from everybody I drive past, and when things do eventually start to go wrong, I won't pay out the nose to fix it like you will with the BMW.

Or, I could buy a 10-year old Honda Civic for $1000, spend another $15,000 making it look like this and then get constantly laughed at every minute I spend driving it while failing to outrun the middle-aged lady in the '76 Chevette in the next lane. And then crash it into a tree trying to show off to my girlfriend.

bravo very nicely put. what was this thread about anyway?? oh i remember now rs was crying that he was done fixing his camaro. well give it to me and ill give it the attention it needs.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

A little better? A lot better. The corvette is a plastic toy.
I don't believe that. Even so, those cars are not worth $40,000 more than a ZR1 just because the interior is better. Everyone will agree with me.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

but much faster and they are not a BIG 8L. Its not really fair... The reason those cars cost so much is because they are not made of cheap plastic. And the dodge vipers exhaust has been know to make the car catch fire.
Actually there have been no reports of the viper's exhaust catching the car on fire, if there was then my aunt would've had all the vipers she's sold coming in for recall. I think you meant to say ferraris and lamborghinis catch fire because of the exhaust

Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Saint Ebony

Exactly and what you also have to look at is the cost and performance difference. I can get a new 5.0 mustang for $30,000 and can have over 500 rwhp for about $40-50,000 less than a viper. And then there's the hennessey viper 1000(or 1200) that for about $240,000 can beat a veyron which costs $1,000,000 more and even if you say upgrade the veyron then the money you put into that will increase total cost and with the difference between the viper and the veyron, you can make the viper go so much faster than the veyron

Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Talking

You said a lot of stuff but you didn't prove anything except for the fact you have stupid friends?
so they are...but you are the one going to buy a subie not me I learned from there mistake..waste there money and charge to work on em...I'm starting to like subies now It pays me for others to own them..ok I love them now

Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by garner
Actually there have been no reports of the viper's exhaust catching the car on fire, if there was then my aunt would've had all the vipers she's sold coming in for recall. I think you meant to say ferraris and lamborghinis catch fire because of the exhaust
Do you want me to show you videos?

Quick Reply: Dead...