Covergirl is a thief & ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Default Covergirl is a thief & ripoff

Hello everyone, hate to join this forum for this, but i feel i need to warn you guys.If anyone knows of or was planning on sending your business to covergirl.Please think about it & go elsewhere.This person does seat covers for camaros & other vehicles.She has a website, but i wont mention it here.

Just received an email from her tonight stating "now your not getting anything".Thats what you have to deal with people.Seems i was under the impression that she was legit, but if you send her money.She WILL NOT DELIVER YOUR PRODUCT & ONLY GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND.I made the mistake of giving her $700 for seat cover.This was back on 6-8-09,yep over a year ago.Initially she told gave me a delivery date of OCT.Well oct came & went.Then she moved it up to nov/dec.Thats also came & went.So i contact her & she informs she is too sick to work! but still tells me she be able to start work on my cover in a couple weeks.I give her the benefit of the doubt & wait 2+, almost 3 weeks.Still nothing.This goes on for a while.Then shes in the hospital for surgery, after that she had to move.So no seat covers.After a year i gave up & decided a wanted my money back.She says, fine.I can give you $100 a week.Thats was 4 weeks ago & i have only one payment given so far.So im out $600.Dont make this mistake.Take your money & business to hawks or classic.Anywhere but her.I also have all the correspondense from one year back to "now your not getting anything"!

You've been warned!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

That sucks. Call your states attorney's office and report her. They'll go after her and your money for you.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 AM

deffenetly report her, i would flip out

Old 07-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Well the problem is Im in cali a shes in florida, but Ill give it a shot.I do have her address & ph# though.Shes runs her business through her husbands (Jim Dion) business, Birdsandbowties.com.Although i have no issue with B&B, its only with her(thecovergirl).
3887 Avalon blvd
Milton fl 32583
850-5645511
Her email is covergirlupholstery@mchsi.com

Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If she mailed you an invoice it could become a federal case. If she in any way used the US postal service to send you a bill it becomes mail fraud. $700 worth of mail fraud is a serious charge. The post office don’t play.

So the question becomes is this a person that just screwed up or is this a person who knew when you placed the order she was never going to fill it. This would go to intent. Easy enough to figure out, try to order another set under a different name. If she agrees and send you a bill she is a rip off. If she say she can not do it due to heath reasons or simply does not accept the order she just a waste as a business person and this is a civil case only.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-29-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM

I paypaled her the funds after contacting her about building me a set of seat covers.She had posted about her shop on anothe forum.I have all the correspondense since day one.Plus copies of both paypal invoices.She didnt screw up though.She has delivered on other orders placed after mine.Plus on her website she continues to posy a delivery date for merchandise if you leave her a deposit.

I dont have another email to use.So emailing her is not an option.Plus i have no desire to communicate with her now.She is just full of lies.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear member

so why havent you gone through paypal to get your money back

Old 07-30-2010, 10:59 AM

First let me say, i have received correspondense from this person & she has notified i will be receiving my money via express mail.So apparently all my efforts seem to have paid off.I notified serveral agencies including, 1c3.gov, ftc (consumer prection), BBB, plus several other online media.Personally i wanted to handle this thru email, but i didnt work out that way.Didnt want to take this route, but i felt i had little choice.Sometimes you have to be an A-hole.Regardless it looks like the matter is resolved.

As for paypal, they have a 45 day policy.After that there is no recourse for the purchaser.Since i paid her over a year ago & she kept promising to build my seat covers.I let that 45 day window lapse.Live & learn!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Default i've had dealing with cover girl

G'day all, first i've ordered new seat covers for my irocz, placed a deposit of $100, I too waited ages for her to start the cover's, got fed up with waiting so i asked for the $100 to be used for other camaro parts that i needed, in which Jim was happy to do....I have ordered many parts though jim and he's been great, and Iam here in Australia. sorry to hear what you are going though with trying to get the payment back, i wish you good luck....

Quick Reply: Covergirl is a thief & ripoff