Car needs some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Exclamation Car needs some help

None of my gauges are accurate, my speedo needle bounces, trip meter does not work, my rpms are always fluttering up and down ( idles between 600 and 300, sometimes shuts off even when warm), battery meter changes from day to day, gas always messes with me saying i have half a tank next time i look i have less than a quarter....basically i need all new gauges and i was wondering if it was possible for me to pick up a full set for like 800-900 bucks, also have a cracked dash. interior is ripping. but honestly other than those things my car runs pretty decent. soon getting it a full tune up..replaceing damn near everything. the guy that owned it before me decided to fix the ripping interior on the sun visors with friggin black duct tape...so gotta redo a lot of things, this car was beat to **** when i got it but i want to fix it up over time and make it into something i'm proud to drive..i'm already happy i own a camaro finally but i want it to be something special in a few years...was thinking about putting a cherry bomb muffler in it...dunno but can you all help me out as you can see i have my work cut out for me...and simple solutions or cheap fixes that will last would be great. 1988 v6 automatic 2.8L

Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear member

you can get a guage cluster from a junkyard for thirtyish bucks. thats what i did and now all my gauges work great. there is a link some where in a past thread to an aftermarket bezel that you can then put what ever brand gauges you want into

Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 PM

alright...i was looking at andysautosport.com but its a pain in the *** to get each individual gauge

Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM
1st Gear Member

i had the same problem minus the spedo issue.

i went out bought the tripple gauge set of volts wat temp and oil pressure hooked them up and mounted them below the vents in the center
then bought a fuel gauge and tach i mounted the tach near the b pillar and the fuel gauge on the dash right above the colum
then i just bloacked out all the stock gauges but the spedo. my trip meter dont work either though

$99 tack w shift light, programable with recall (sunpro)
$35 fuel gauge (autometer)
$35 3 gauge set (sunpro)
$169 grand total (adds a more race car look to the interior)

Old 03-03-2009, 03:20 PM

thats what i was planing on doing...get like a gauge pod or somethin and just say screw the stock ones and just get the other stuff i want...where did you buy yours at?