92 RS needs help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Question 92 RS needs help

so i just picked up a 92 rs with the 305sb, tbi, and a 700r4 auto trans in it. its got a few miles and runs ok but i bought it with the intention of fixing it... It's my daily driver so im not trying to make a drag car, but i am tryin to kick it up a notch on the street. First i gotta fix the problems, but i dont know where to start.. can anyone start me in the right direction

Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Overdrive Member

well, what problems are you having ?

Old 02-20-2009, 06:24 AM
4th Gear Member

The main problem is the high miles 305 TBI and nothing short of spending a lot of money NOTHING is going to help. My opinion it is a grocery getter to start with and NOT a performance car.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by blackz87
The main problem is the high miles 305 TBI and nothing short of spending a lot of money NOTHING is going to help. My opinion it is a grocery getter to start with and NOT a performance car.
thanks for the opinion..... that doesnt help at all. Maybe i just wanna get my groceries to my house quicker ;p. My last rs had plenty of miles and i got it runnin like a champ.... so if you dont have somethin helpful... dont waste your time talkin ish. thanx

Last edited by theonlyxaq; 02-20-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Saint_Ali
well, what problems are you having ?
well first and foremost is the idle and firing... im gonna mess with the timing and start cleaning up the fuel delivery.... but it idles high and when sitting at a light the idle isnt consistant.. then when i give it gas it sounds rough and acts like theres an exhaust leak thats causing loss of power

Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Overdrive Member

id start with doing a basic tune up.you may have an exhaust leak, and you could have a vacuum leak

Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Saint_Ali
id start with doing a basic tune up.you may have an exhaust leak, and you could have a vacuum leak
ok so i did the tune up... Im almost positive i have an exhaust leak between the exhaust manifold and pipe... plaed with the timing and got it idleing decent but still kinda choppy...