88' RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Default 88' RS

what engines will fit in a 88' rs with out extreme modification..

Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: 88' RS

The easiest is any small block V8. Then you can go big block and I would not think that would be any "extreme" modification

Old 06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm guessing from your screen name that you are into Neons, too? Well, my friend . . .

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF V8s!

As Mike said, Pretty much any engine GM has built in the last sixty years can be made to fit into a 3rd gen Camaro. Stick with a small-block Chevy; it's a drop in, and you can do ANYTHING with them.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Turtle

I'm guessing from your screen name that you are into Neons, too? Well, my friend . . .

As Mike said, Pretty much any engine GM has built in the last sixty years can be made to fit into a 3rd gen Camaro. Stick with a small-block Chevy; it's a drop in, and you can do ANYTHING with them.
pssssssssssssttttt hey turtle...Gm came out with the V8 in 55..........Your math does not work.................But we will keep this between the two of us.
Buy the way. I like the look of the early hood and the late ground effects on your car with the early silver ground effects intsead of being body color

Old 06-29-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

your easiest and cheapest bet is a small block v8 either a 305 or 350, but can be built extremely cheap, or if you can get your hands on one a 327 or 400 small block as well, u can get a good running 350 for $500 sometimes less. but just about any engine chevy ever made can be fit into a 3rd gen without to much modification space wise now wiring is a whole different story on any newer engine

Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

ORIGINAL: Turtle

pssssssssssssttttt hey turtle...Gm came out with the V8 in 55..........Your math does not work.................But we will keep this between the two of us.
Buy the way. I like the look of the early hood and the late ground effects on your car with the early silver ground effects intsead of being body color
Haha! Yeah, I knew that, sorry; I was just generalizing and rounding-up a bit. Besides, I'm sure a Caddy 502 wouldn't fit very easily . . . like I said, just generalizing. My point being that there is so much aftermarket support for these cars that pretty much any drivetrain combo you can imagine has been installed at some point and there is some sort of adapter on the market to make it work.

And thanks for the compliments! Actually debating ditching that hood sometime soon to go for some sort of either late-model SS-style or something to get some more air flowing under the hood.

Sorry to jack the thread!